Author Topic: Thomas and Hamilton WRIGHT ....  (Read 8906 times)

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas and Hamilton Wright ....
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 September 08 17:46 BST (UK) »
Thank you Cando

I am so excited...I have had more information through PM's and I really think that Thomas and Maria and his family are mine.

phewwweeeee...so much excitement ......I am bouncing...big time

I will order some certs A.S.P and I will let you all know of the out come.....Think it is going to take some time to get from the UK to Australia and back again.

Bouncing happy Steve.... ;D yet again thanks to everyone
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Flip87

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas and Hamilton Wright ....
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 March 10 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Not only did Thomas Twigg Wright come to Australia with his brother Hamilton on the ship " Prima Donna" as free settlers in 1840 , but also, they were followed by their brother John Twigg Wright on the ship "Ganges" in 1841.
I have extensive knowledge of this family in Australia for Thomas & John. I have tracked Hamilton until 1845 and it is family legend that he went to the Eastern States & not hear from again.

I am very interested in the history of the Wrights in Ireland & England as this is where my knowledge is limited.

Philip

Offline biggeew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas and Hamilton WRIGHT ....
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 28 October 10 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Steve,

My Name is Gerard Wright, and I to am a desendant of Thomas Twigg Wright, son of Samuel and Gertruard, Samuel would be my Great, Great, Great grandfather. I live in Australia and am very interested in the history of the Wright & Twigg family in Ireland & England.

Best regards
Gerard Wright
Perth, Western Australia

Offline biggeew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 February 14 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Some time has passed and I have not heard back from you re: my last post on roots chat Desendants of Thomas Twigg Wright. I think i placed one two many greats in my quote. I am very interested in the two boys Thomas and John and their father and mother (Samuel and Gertruard). Any heads up on these people or can you put me in contact with someone that knows the history in Ireland.

Best regards
Gerard (Gerry) Wright

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 February 14 20:58 GMT (UK) »

Offline biggeew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 13 February 14 08:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Muss, but I am not sure this is correct. The Father and Mother of Thomas Twigg Wright was Samuel Wright and his wife was Gertrude Despard Twigg, but it states that Samuel was born in Australia, and I do not think this is correct.

Best regards
Gerry

Offline karene.mcdowell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 31 May 19 18:32 BST (UK) »
Not my Wright family but if you check PRONI (public records office Northern Ireland) Wills there is one for a Gertrude Wright who died in 1892. The image of the will states she leaves her farm to her brother Thomas Wright in “Bunberry” west Australia. This may be your Thomas