Author Topic: Re: 1861 Birkenhead lookup  (Read 1376 times)

Offline aaronjreid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Birkenhead lookup
« on: Saturday 29 January 05 03:12 GMT (UK) »
Looking for Jane Ellison (born 1840 Winsford) with parents William and
Ann probably in the Birkenhead/Tranmere area.

They are living at 34 Queen Street, Tranmere in the 1871 census.

Thank you

Aaron Reid
Toronto, Canada
Reid, Shipley, Hardcastle, Linacre, Bird, Wood, Naylor, Cookson, Ellison, Wigglesworth, Sparks, Robinson, Ambrose, Cooper, Watson, Evans, Stockton, Thomas

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 January 05 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aaron
              Welcome to rootschat
  I have searched the 1861 and found the Ellison family minus Jane, no sign of her in the Birkenhead/Tranmere areas,sorry.

1861 RG9-2645-F 95  Queens Street Bebington Tranmere

William Ellison head 43  boiler maker       born Over Cheshire
Ann           ~    wife  42                                     Halton    ~
David        ~    son   19     ~      ~                     Winsford ~
John         ~      ~     15     ~      ~                     Liverpool Lancs
Sarah       ~     daug 12 scholar                           ~
William     ~     son     2                                     Tranmere

hope this helps

peterbennett

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline aaronjreid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 February 05 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter

Yes, this is the family!! Thank you so much for the reply. Can you find any trace of a Rachel Ellison born approx 1780? Her husband was Thomas. She died in Tranmere in 1868 age 88.

Thanks again
Aaron
Reid, Shipley, Hardcastle, Linacre, Bird, Wood, Naylor, Cookson, Ellison, Wigglesworth, Sparks, Robinson, Ambrose, Cooper, Watson, Evans, Stockton, Thomas

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 February 05 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi
     Sorry there is no sign of a Rachel in 1861, was she around Tranmere in 1851,if yes I could search the same address?

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline rubyrose

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum - thanks to RC Restorers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 December 06 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aaron

I was doing a search for Ellisons and came across your email. If you are still looking for Rachael, she is my husband's 4xgreat grandmother (through their daughter Mary) and in 1861 she was living with her son-in-law Joseph Stoneley and granddaughters Alice and Sarah in Minshulls(?) Lane, Over, Cheshire.

The Ellisons are an on-going project for me and I haven't got Rachael and Thomas's birth or marriage records yet. I know Thomas was born in Birmingham and Rachael in Dorset. I do have some information about their descendents if you are interested.

I think a trip to the Cheshire Records office is called for.

Regards

Rubyrose

PS The picture on the left shows Rachael and Thomas's great grandson Robert, great great grandson Thomas and great great great grandson Stanley.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BAKER - Lancashire, Cheshire, BUCHANAN - Glasgow, Lancashire, LAWRENCE - Jamaica, Lancashire, JONES - Shropshire, Lancashire, SHAWCROSS - Lancashire, India,  MONTAGU - Lancashire, America, MORRISON - Fife, Lancashire, SEDDON DUTTON HESKETH  - Lancashire, WHITEHEAD - Yorkshire, WIDDOWS - Ireland

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 December 06 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Rubyrose
did you notice the request from Aaron is nearly two years old? His last reply was in 2005 he was last on line at the beginning of the year.Hopefully he is still around somewhere to receive your good news ;)

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline rubyrose

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 December 06 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia

Yes, I did notice but thought it would take a chance, looks like Aaron has given up as it is a long time since he was on line.

I haven't been using Rootschat for very long and I did a search for some of my ancestors, not only did I find Aaron was looking for the same family, my husbands, but I also found someone who was looking for my family, but they hadn't been online since February. I sent them a pm but haven't heard back. What a shame they have both given up as I have most of the information they were looking for.

Any suggestions as to what I can do now?

Cheers

Ruby

BAKER - Lancashire, Cheshire, BUCHANAN - Glasgow, Lancashire, LAWRENCE - Jamaica, Lancashire, JONES - Shropshire, Lancashire, SHAWCROSS - Lancashire, India,  MONTAGU - Lancashire, America, MORRISON - Fife, Lancashire, SEDDON DUTTON HESKETH  - Lancashire, WHITEHEAD - Yorkshire, WIDDOWS - Ireland

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 14 December 06 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruby
That great news for you ruby, in that you found rellies on Rootschat.Maybe Aaron has new computer or has, moved on,or changed his email number or just doesn't use Rootschat anymore cant think why he wouldn't though. ;)If he is still around he will get notification of his replies. The only problem with rootschat is,that when you receive notification of mail.You do not have to log on to read replies.So we never know if the person has read them or not,because they don't reply,I got round that though ;) The best thing to do if you are replying to an old post 12 months old or more.Is to send a post advising you have family information.They will reply if they are around. ;)

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline rubyrose

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 14 December 06 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia

Are you suggesting I start a new topic with the family names? If so, I'll give it a try later and see if I get any response.

Cheers

Ruby