Author Topic: Polldoll's Birthday  (Read 9464 times)

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
Re: Polldoll's Birthday
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 September 08 01:12 BST (UK) »
happy burpday poll hope that you have a brill day and that the sherbet flows freely.

old rowley
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 September 08 01:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Poll

As ya know am photographically no use  rofl

A big happy birthday from me, the old yin (Jules) and the young un (Holly aka Dr Whos assistant thanks to you - she popped by to have tea but too busy chasing daleks to stop long - I love that Tardis! - her room very tidy as a result. Travels lightly - that's me gal!).

Have a good un hun and we'll see you and Mr PD in Glasgow very soon to raise a wee glass in person

And ty v much for all the fab things you do on this fab board - one day you must explain it to me! (but in plain English. I think a pixel is a wee man in a pointy hat!)

Love

A, J & H xxxxxxx
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline forthefamily

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 September 08 01:20 BST (UK) »
Happy Birthday Polldoll........all the best on your special day  ;D

mab
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Inishowen: Meenamullaghan (Big Hill), Foffenagh (Rock), Illies and area...mainly McCallion, Doherty, Bradley, Grant, Devlin
Kilmacrenan: Gortnacorrib....Bonner
Scotland: Bonar, Boner Bonner etc
Conwal: Kirkstown.....Toner, Parke
Derry City: Bonner, McGowan, McGilloway, McElwee, Bradley
Omagh: Bradley
Fanad Penninsular, Donegal.....McBride, Friel, Fielty
Sligo: McGowan

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 September 08 01:38 BST (UK) »
poll, you have been a guiding light to us all for many years,
(amongst others, they know who they are) i can't imagine the hapiness that people have gained from your restores and efforts over a long period of time, but i wish you a very happy birthday, it's great to be 21?, have a really lovely time, kali. how did i know it was your birthday & celebrated,
ps will there be pic's.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 16 September 08 01:39 BST (UK) »
 What a lovely crowd you are ...thanks for the kind wishes  :-* :-* :-*I had a party on Saturday with some friends and another one with the children and grandchildren today and another one on Saturday for family and friends ...  Greedy or what !! :o :o ;D
I spent all day Friday and Saturday preparing the food and testing the champagne and by 7pm I couldn't have cared less what the food tasted like !!
Seriously though it was great ... I love to cook and even though It was hard work ... I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT ...   Love the dolly pic George ... 'course the years have taken their toll since then ... but a strategically placed bulldog clip at the back of the neck tends to hide a multitude of wrinkles !!  ..
Another fine pic Gadget THANKS FOR THE HUGS TOO XX  

China ...I didn't know you were such an accomplished baker ... what a cake  xx thanks ... there's enough for everyone on Rc there !
 OR ..I have a fridge full of vintage Sherbet.... so thanks  for the good wishes xx
Jane and Irene ....aw thanks for coming to the party too ... XX
khp ... phew .... thank goodness you use an abbreviation ... My typing doesnt cope well with such long words ... Thank you too  xx
 Mare ...what a lovely rose ... My faves . ta everso xx
 Annie ...    my first contact on RC all those years ago ...and a special person   XX

Thanks too to the other Bakers A J and Holly ... sse ya in Glasgee x  and of course Mudge      Thanks for popping in    appreciate it all folks ...In fact ... I'll pop a few more corks and serve up some canapes ....  XXXX  Pensioner Poll   ;D ;D ;D

Aw Kali ...how sweet of you  ....a  big hug ...xx
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Woodentop50

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scan your photos at 300to600 ppi..........or else
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 16 September 08 01:42 BST (UK) »
HAPPY birthday Poll,

Don't eat too much , it get's in the way of the drink !    ;D :D ;)

Jim
WOOD in  Hunslet  area of Leeds , West Yorkshire
WOOD in Knottingley , West Yorkshire

Scan your photos at 300 to 600 ppi for best results

Offline sarra

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 16 September 08 02:00 BST (UK) »
Polldoll,
Birthday greetings from downunder - hope you have many more.
Best wishes
Sarra.

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 16 September 08 02:01 BST (UK) »
Jim !!! Long time no see ...Thanks for the advice ...I wondered where I was going wrong ... ??? ??? ;) ;)   I'm sticking to a Lochmuir hot smoked salmon and some Stilton and pickled walnuts .... Heaven !! With alternate slurps of the bubbly and the port ...
(I 'm leaving out the fattening middle bit !!)
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 16 September 08 02:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sarra ... looks like a friend for my bear too! ;) ;) ;D
 Oh Mab ...I thought I'd said thanks but I deleted it whilst retyping as I'd got the caps lock stuck on ...ooops  SORRY ....  but a big thank you for your good wishes... :-*