Author Topic: Quarry Bank records  (Read 22111 times)

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Quarry Bank records
« Reply #27 on: Friday 27 March 09 08:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Valmer, yes it is this family:-
1851 Census High Park Cradley
Israel Worton Head 48 Nail Forger born Cradley
Harriet Wife 43 Nail Forger born Old Swinford
Benjamin Son 27
Esther D 25
Solomon Son 22
John Son 20
Patience D 17
Ono Son 15
Comfort D 12
Ann D 9
Thomas Son 7
Samuel Son 5
Rosanna D 2
Fanny D 3 months
Mercy Granddaughter 1

This large family lived in the Old Workhouse, it wasn't a Workhouse at this time, but had been.  It was on the boarder of Cradley and Wollescote, hence some of the baptisms were at Cradley and some at Old Swinford.  Best Wishes Linell.
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 27 March 09 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Geoff, you wrote <Why was Jemima baptised out of sequence? Later children get baptised before her.

Frederick's baptism shows a birthdate in december then Jemima is baptised same day as Samuel but that is less than 9 months after Frederick's birth date (assuming Samuel was an infant)

Why baptise in 1 church in April then a different one in June?>

I just wondered if the list of children above are not the same John and Ann?
I spent all morning looking at the Cradley Wortons again, a lot of them don't seem to have Baptism's, or they could have been Baptised at a Non Conformist Chapel somewhere??

I found a Marriage for Jemima Worton to James Priest Old Swinford 5.11.1821.  I don't know if this is Israel's sister, but it would be about the right time frame for here to Marry?  Will get back to you with any further information.  Best Wishes Linell.
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 27 March 09 16:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Valmer,

Clara Worton who married Edward Butler was my gt gt Gran
which of the children do you come from my gt gran was Lydia

Donna
Butler/Willenhall/Smethwick/bromsgrove Briton/oldbury Doughty/Homer/Reynolds/Whitehouse/tipton Greenaway/gornal Phillips/,bala Toon/burton Selwood/tipton/worcester skidmore/hill top Wedgbury/worcester Wheatley/west Bromwich  Wooldridge/oldswinford  Worton/cradley Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline valmer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 27 March 09 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Sorry but my Clara Worton born 1870 daughter of Oria (Ono) and Mary married William Amos born 1865.

Valmer

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 27 March 09 17:26 GMT (UK) »
hi valmer  my Clara was the daughter of Ono and Mary Worton nee Moore they had children Thomas, Alice, Elizabeth the family came from cradley and lye but Clara was born Winson green and the family them moved to Smethwick

Donna
Butler/Willenhall/Smethwick/bromsgrove Briton/oldbury Doughty/Homer/Reynolds/Whitehouse/tipton Greenaway/gornal Phillips/,bala Toon/burton Selwood/tipton/worcester skidmore/hill top Wedgbury/worcester Wheatley/west Bromwich  Wooldridge/oldswinford  Worton/cradley Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline valmer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 27 March 09 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Donna

Thanks for all the info but I think I have the wrong family.  Its not adding up at all apart from Clara Worton being born in 1870 in Birmingham which is probably the only fact my mother really knows.   She died in 1951 just before I was born and her daughter my grandmother died 20 years ago so its really only my mothers information. I will have to start again and see if there is another Clara.  Having said that they are probably all related anyway.

Thanks again

Valmer

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 28 March 09 08:17 GMT (UK) »
Is this your family Valmer?

1871 Census Carlisle Street Birmingham
Ono Worton 35 Born Lye
Mary 34 born Hereford
Elizabeth 12 born Cradley
Alice E 7 born Cradley
Clara Annie 9 months born Birmingham Warks

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 28 March 09 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi linell
that's my Clara Worton now we think valmer Clara is not the same as mine valmer Clara married William Amos in 1896 my Clara the daughter of Ono and Mary married Edward Butler in 1890
thank you for looking
Donna  ;)

Offline SkinnyStu

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 19:40 BST (UK) »
no one might even see this but here goes... :-X

I  have looked at many documents talked to many people about WORTONs coming to Teesside  this is my story a few years ago a bloke I met on Holiday had the same surname as me we joked about being related. He said his Granddad was Ino Worton and he had brothers Uno & Eno thats the type of thing a Worton would do I thought.

Any way Israel what a name 12 kids to Harriet Wooldridge. Starts to go beyond my imagination. He has one called Thomas who has Uno & Ino and one called Samuel who has a William my bloke and another few one of which is Eno(ch). they also have a sister Ono... yes at one point probably 1900ish all would be alive and aware of there unusual combination of names ENO INO UNO & ONO  :-\ wow. . .

And you think u know who u are. so all these post are interesting and there are photos out there show most of these points carry some wait along with documents and oral tradition. If Norman Brown or Allyson Coggan or Christine Turner (names that pop up in my search for truth) see this or any other WORTONs on Teesside want to discuss these findings please call or text  (*) regards Stuart.

(*) Moderator Comment: telephone number removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php