Author Topic: Ruth Ramsay, William Simonton, Joshua Simonton. Derrylard  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Roxanna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ruth Ramsay, William Simonton, Joshua Simonton. Derrylard
« on: Friday 19 September 08 01:12 BST (UK) »
 Hi,

Looking to verify marriage of Ruth Ramsay to William Simonton from Derrylard.....
and at least two of their children, Joshua Simonton , b. 1835, and Elizabeth Simonton, b. 1846.

I had a computer crash.  They are in my database, but I lost my source reference.

At the time of William's marriage, he was from Derrylard, Tartaraghan Parish, and Ruth was from Gallrock, Tartaraghan .  Witnesses were John Moffett and James___________.  The marriage took place in the Tartaraghan Church of Ireland.

Especially trying to verify the birth of Joshua Simonton/Symington.  It seems an untypical name for then.

Thank you,
Roxanna 

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ruth Ramsay, William Simonton, Joshua Simonton. Derrylard
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 September 08 09:40 BST (UK) »
Try google first, The cof I parish church is mentioned .. All these may be be your own entries In case these are of any help, jim
 from www.emeraldancestors.com/search/marriages/viewlistmarriages.
found relatively lots of Marriages, some BIRTHS and some deaths of both spelling

DEATHS
1894 Thomas Symington  Armagh       

1897 James Symington  Armagh       

1898 William Symington  Armagh       

1902 Robert Symington  Armagh       

1903 Joshua Symington  Armagh       

1909 Anne Jane Symington  Armagh

from google Tartaraghan Civil Parish, County Armagh Tithes ApplotmentsTartaraghan Civil Parish. Baronies: Oneilland West & East ..... Simonton, Widow, Derrylard. Skelton, James, Miltown or Derryaugh ...
www.connorsgenealogy.net/Armagh/TartaraghanTithes.htm - 425k - Cached - Similar pages
RootsWeb: NIR-ARMAGH-L Re: Tartaraghan Parish RecordsThe Tartaraghan church is still an active parish and arrangements can be made with the ... Thomas was married at Milltown to Deborah Simonton in 1857. ...
archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/NIR-ARMAGH/2004-06/1087057505 - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
Pentland - Uprichard, Gibson, Morrow. Ballyworkan. Family History ...Some of their family were born in Seagoe Parish, before he moved to Derrykeevan, Tartaraghan and had ... Thomas married Deborah Ann SImonton from Derrylard ...
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=
goodluck in finding your sources again, Jim
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline Roxanna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ruth Ramsay, William Simonton, Joshua Simonton. Derrylard
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 September 08 01:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jim.  I had tried Emerald Ancestors but used a different spelling of the Simonton name.  I will go and see where Joshua was living when he died.

Thanks again.  It was very helpful.
Roxanna