Author Topic: Baptism of Martha Susan FULCHER 1882 in Chesterton  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism of Martha Susan FULCHER 1882 in Chesterton
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 September 08 21:49 BST (UK) »
Hi, Michael, and welcome to Rootschat!
I hope S.J.Detective spots your post and gets in contact with you.  He seems to be doing quite well recently with other (even if distant) members of his family contacting him on here.
Is your ASPLEN family in Cambridgshire traced back as far as you would like, or is there anything you'd like looking up next time I'm up at the CCRO...?
Very best wishes,
keith

Offline Michael Asplen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 26 September 08 19:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the message, I've done pretty well as I use a portable micro fiche reader and get a lot of my Parish Records/ CD Roms through CFHS, I never use to get much time to visit the CCRO as I use to work nights, now I'm about to do my Train Driving exams so finding the time is hard.

A couple of questions that you might be able to help with:
 How do you get information or where to look for information before Parish Records, for example I have traced my Asplen/ Asplin/ Aspland side back to about 1654 Richard Aspland died Haddenham 1650 married to a Margaret? His son John Asplen was born about 1650 also in Haddenham married to a Marcy?.
I was wondering what type of records could help, and if these might tie up a few loose ends.

Thanks again
Michael

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 26 September 08 23:11 BST (UK) »
Michael,
A little while ago the same questions came to me, and I began a thread which you can find here, hopefully:
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,306727.0.html
Perhaps there's something on there that might help...
Regards, keith

Offline S.J Detective

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 30 September 08 10:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Michael,

Welcome to Rootschat as well and thanks for replying to this thread about the Asplens of Girton (Cambs). 

Charlotte is one of my Grt Grt Grandmothers and I have been making some progress with the Aplens and have them back to John & Susan Levitt as you mention.  Although only a sketchy outline and direct descendents without many children as yet.  Mainly from searches on Ancestry.

I was not aware of Robert, I only have Henry and possibly a William to John & Susan.

Anyway great to hear from you, I'll drop you a personal message (PM) and perhaps we might be able to help each other out further.

Thanks for the heads up on Medieval family history Keith, one day perhaps!

Best wishes

S.J Detective
Leicestershire - Cotterill (Kegworth), Quincey (Hinckley), Abbott, Hollingworth, Hill, Kilby, Haywood, Brigstock, Neal, Howett, Broom, Marriott, Payne, Rawson, Foster, Squires
Rutland - Saddington
Notts - Hollingworth (Lenton), Stokes, Street, Henson
Northants (Wakerley) - Woodcock
Cambs (Wilbraham's, Chesterton, Fulbourn, Swaffham's) - Cross, Hancock, Ireson, Fulcher, Asplen, Isaacson, Edwards
Warks (Nuneaton) - Carter, Green
Derby - Stokes
Essex - Andrews
Suffolk (Ipswich) - Bodycot