Author Topic: Bailey Family Carr Lane Hangers Row Sculcoates  (Read 11358 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bailey Family Carr Lane Hangers Row Sculcoates
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 21 March 12 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Baileyboy and welcome to Rootschat...as this is an old posting...I suggest you start a new topic with names and dates of birth of your relatives and your query and we will take it from there. I know of at least one Picturesque Terrace which was down Manchester Street off Hessle Road.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline BaileyBoy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 22 March 12 01:44 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to acarragon & treetotal for your replies to my posts.

Looking at the posts above I feel that 'MY' Thomas Bailey, was unfortunately not related, as he is first discovered married with Sarah Jane Moody, living in Sculcotes in the 1861 census and gives his birthplace as Liverpool.

After checking every Thomas Bailey born in the 1840's in the UK censii, and every 'early' death of the same name, there was little doubt that the 'Thos Bailey' in Sculcoates I discovered, was the man. His Father, (an Irishman, also Thos) & Mother (marr: L/pool 1837), brothers and sisters, continued to live in Liverpool/W.Lancs which is where my own father is from. One brother (Samuel) married but had no children, I am therefore from the other bros (George)line.

Just how Thomas left L/pool forever at age 20 to be married on the East Coast(Hull) of the UK will possibly remain a mystery forever. I appreciate that they are both seaports but his trade seems to have been in the railway 'engineering' sector.

Maybe I will start a new thread on this one, but first I'll have to renew my subs to a census search site to re-establish my notes...I've not even seen the 1911 census yet!

Regards and sincere thanks.

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 22 March 12 10:36 GMT (UK) »

., but first I'll have to renew my subs to a census search site to re-establish my notes...I've not even seen the 1911 census yet!

Hi
If you are in England, then a lot of libraries have Ancestry on their computers for public use

Bee
 :)
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk