Author Topic: Bailey Family Carr Lane Hangers Row Sculcoates  (Read 11357 times)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Bailey Family Carr Lane Hangers Row Sculcoates
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 20 September 08 12:53 BST (UK) »
Hi,

looking for any information on Thomas Bailey married to Isabella/ella Cathcart

So it was Frank who married Isabella Cathcart, not Thomas!  Glad I got the right family for you.  I'll give you all the census information

Cottingham is a place about 4 miles from Sculcoates
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/ERY/Cottingham/

As to the Irish Robina Adams, you'll need to post a separate query on the Irish look-up board for her

More soon, Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 20 September 08 13:13 BST (UK) »
1891 census RG12/3708 Folio 8  Page 10
79 Portland Crescent, Leeds, Yorkshire
BAILEY
Tom          head m 37  Draysman     b. Birchburton  (don't know this place)
Amy          wife  m 36                       b. Yorks Beverley
Percy         son     16 Clothiers Warehouseman b. Yorks Beverley
Florence    dau     14                        b. Yorks Leeds
Francis      son       6 Scholar                   "
Amy           dau      3     "                         "
William Middleton boarder s 23 Draysman  b. Yorks North Cave

a surprise, in 1881 they're listed with surname GREEN, probably a mistake on the census

1881 census 1881RG11/4531  Folio  97  Page  13
73 Angel Street, Leeds, Yorkshire
GREEN
Tom      head m 28  Surry Man (Carter) 
Amy       wife  m 27
Pearcy    son       6  Scholar
Florence  dau      4       "
all stated to be born Beverley

marriage from freebmd:
Tom BAILEY to Amy GRAY
March Quarter 1875 Bramley 9b 470

listed on the Yorkshire BMD website:
marriage 1875 BAILEY Tom to   GRAY Amy   St John The Baptist, New Wortley   Leeds

Barbara

`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 September 08 13:28 BST (UK) »
florence was a costume hand and i think died at 21 ish so i have been told but not sure 100\% that is why i would like to know where she would be buried if its near the house or local church to them.

Florence was on the 1901 census, so think this must be her death:
Jun 1902    Bailey    Florence Camilla aged  25    Sculcoates    9d   79

Barbara

Offline acarragon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 20 September 08 13:32 BST (UK) »
wow... thats so interesting, i neer knewv the mothers name was grey.
thts defo florence. my grandmother always said her mothers name was Camilla a and that she was french but i have since found out that that was just the ramblings of a mad woman!
it is interesting that camilla does appear in the family tree but in a nother branch like this.
 how would i go about getting her death cert or finding out where florence is buried?

your great!

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 20 September 08 17:53 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

been out all afternoon. You can either order certs online from the GRO site giving the reference numbers I gave you:
 www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/
or you can order direct from the local register office, in this case use the Yorkshirebmd site as Florence is listed there http://www.yorkshirebmd.org.uk - do a search for her and up comes the reference, click on it and up comes a printed form with the details for you to print off and send to Hull Register Office.  You can also order Tom & Amy's 1875 marriage cert this way as it's listed there too, andso is Tom's death:    BAILEY   Tom   aged 69   Southcoates   Hull

The marriage cert would give you both their fathers' names and occupations to help in getting further back.

Here's the link to the Hull City Council site http://www.hullcc.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=221,442595&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL
once you have death dates, if you contact them they may be able to tell you where they are buried.

Hope this helps,
Barbara  :)

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 21 September 08 07:38 BST (UK) »
1891 census RG12/3708 Folio 8  Page 10
79 Portland Crescent, Leeds, Yorkshire
BAILEY
Tom          head m 37  Draysman     b. Birchburton  (don't know this place)

Though it's clearly 'Birchburton' on the census image, I think that should be Bishop Burton which is a village close to Beverley which is his birthplace on the 1881 census.

Bee
aka Barbara  :)
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 21 September 08 09:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Bee Barbara  :)

Didn't think of Bishop Burton, good thinking.

Wonder why he says Cottingham on the 1901 census ???
Maybe another mistake, as with the Green surname on 1881 census

acarragon, if you get Tom & Amy's marriage cert, then will try to find them in earlier census

Barbara
 :)

Offline acarragon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 21 September 08 11:36 BST (UK) »
lol thats great i was told that years ago but had forgotten, as a result of your fab investigation yesterday I have since found a whole new generation of people going back to 1823 and spoke to a cousin i never knew i had and were meeting up in October! lol

its such an interesting topic, my next thing is to arrange a trip to Yorkshire and have a nose about! ;D

Offline BaileyBoy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 21 March 12 02:36 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to crash in on your Bailey 'party', but I too am searching for info on the family of another Thomas Bailey(of Liverpool)my great grandfathers brother, who married a Sarah Jane Moody in about 1860 in Hull (Sculcoates). I started tracking him a few years back, but sadly after the death of my partner Katy, I mislaid all my notes in a house move.Thomas & Jane, I discovered, had at least 2 sons who became involved in the Joinery / Decorating trades.The address 'Picturesque Terrace' comes to mind as the address of one of them in about 1891/1901. Currently, I am the only male Bailey-survivor of a long line and I have no children Therefore any male children emanating from the Bailey's of Sculcoates and their  descendants will at least secure my Bailey line of DNA!! Any offers of assistance would be greatly appreciated....but hurry! I'm 65...... and my Dad is 95!