Author Topic: 1861 cenus lookup- Bloomsbury  (Read 1006 times)

Offline katarina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1861 cenus lookup- Bloomsbury
« on: Saturday 29 January 05 22:33 GMT (UK) »
If someone could spare the time I really would be grateful for a lookup in Bloomsbury for James Kilroy and his wife Honour and son William.
Im desperate to know the birth place of James Kilroy as im pretty sure its not England but really need to know what was on the 1861 census to confirm this.
James' age at the time of the 1861 census is disputable because when he married in 1853 he was said to be 30yrs putting his year of birth at c.1823,but when he died in 1871 his age was 56 yrs this pushed his birth year back to c.1815. so in 1861 he could be either 38 or 46  :o.
What I do know for certain is that:
Honor/Honour Kilroy would be 29/30 yrs old, born c.1832 in Barrow Suffolk
William Kilroy would be 1/2 yrs, born c.1859 in Barrow, Suffolk

Bloomsbury district is where the family settled after relocating from Barrow sometime between 1859 and 1862 where their next child was born and they where still in bloomsbury up until James' death in 1871.

The only help I can give you as to whereabouts in Bloomsbury they might be living in 1861 is in St George/St Giles area, as this is where their second child Elijah was born.

Any help is appreciated.

regards

Kat
ROBERTSON- Glasgow, Bathgate, Newburgh, Abdie, Abernethy, St Madoes.<br />MALCOLM/CONSTABLE- Abernethy, Dunning.<br />FORSYTH/COWAN- Glasgow, Cathcart.<br />FOTHERINGHAM/PATON/PITKETHLY-Newburgh, Abernethy.<br />BISSLAND/MILLER- New/East Kilpatrick, Glasgow.<br />BARLOW- Lancashire, Glasgow.<br />MITCHELL/JOHNSTON- Buchanan, New/East Kilpatrick.<br />KILROY- London, MIddx/Balinrobe Mayo <br />KAVANAGH/NORTON-Dublin Eire

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 cenus lookup- Bloomsbury
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 February 05 07:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kat
The 1861 index I have is only partial - but interesting to note that while didn't find James, found Patrick 46 and Mary 45 in St Geo in the East - your ref will be RG9 278 109a.
?? relations?? parents.
- I don't have this piece to look up for you, hopefully someone with the 1861 set will.

No Kilroys showing on my 1851 index which also is only a partial.
Sorry I can't help more
Cougar
Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)
This information is Crown Copywrite. from the www.national archives.go.v.uk.

Offline katarina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 February 05 09:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Cougar,
                       Thanks for looking for me anyway, much appreciated.
Could you tell me the details you have on Patrick and Mary Kilroy that you found please, just in case there is a connection there at all??

kind regards

Kat
ROBERTSON- Glasgow, Bathgate, Newburgh, Abdie, Abernethy, St Madoes.<br />MALCOLM/CONSTABLE- Abernethy, Dunning.<br />FORSYTH/COWAN- Glasgow, Cathcart.<br />FOTHERINGHAM/PATON/PITKETHLY-Newburgh, Abernethy.<br />BISSLAND/MILLER- New/East Kilpatrick, Glasgow.<br />BARLOW- Lancashire, Glasgow.<br />MITCHELL/JOHNSTON- Buchanan, New/East Kilpatrick.<br />KILROY- London, MIddx/Balinrobe Mayo <br />KAVANAGH/NORTON-Dublin Eire

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 February 05 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Kat this is not a piece that I have transcribed so don't have that part of the census.
Hopefully someone else will have it and look it up - put in a posting for it.
Cougar
Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)

Offline katarina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 February 05 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi cougar,
                Thats ok and thanks just the same, i will see if i can find someone with the transcriptions for this census.

Many Thanks

Kat

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 26 May 05 01:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Kat

Are you still looking for this family in 1861  ???

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline katarina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 26 May 05 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Casalguidi,
                         Yes I am still looking and hoping  :(

Katarina

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 26 May 05 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Kat,
1861 census
finally got access to RG9 278 f 109a for Patrick and Mary
they were at 4 Lower Martha St, St George in the East
Patrick, head, married, 46, journeyman tailor born Galway, Ire.
Mary, wife, married, 45, born Cork Ire.
Still cannot get a fix on James and family though.
Cougar

Offline katarina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 26 May 05 11:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you Cougar  :).  Im not sure whether Patrick and Mary are related to James, but time will tell and at least I have the information for the future, thanks to you.

Bless your heart Cougar

Kat