Author Topic: RUFFARD Benjamin gentleman of Leominster  (Read 4372 times)

Offline amaris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RUFFARD Benjamin gentleman of Leominster
« on: Sunday 21 September 08 08:09 BST (UK) »
Benjamin Ruffard - eight children - some born Little Birch, Hereford
Looking for related families

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: RUFFARD Benjamin gentleman of Leominster
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 September 08 12:02 BST (UK) »
hi and welcome to rootschat
are we talking about the benjamin ruffard born 1759 in wellington herefordshire
or are we talking about his father who was married to a margaret
or are neither of these the right benjamin
if they are not could you give a little bit more info i.e. birthdate, any of the 8 childrens birthdates and birthplaces and names.
any little bit of info may help to locate them.
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline amaris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 September 08 21:41 BST (UK) »
 :D  Thank you for the welcome!
I was actually referring to Benjamin Ruffard bc 1718 in Sapey Pritchard and who married a Margaret and had some children at Little Birch (per the IGI)  I'm hoping to prove that he connects back to the Rufford family of Stourbridge and surrounds etc and fit neatly into my bag of Rufford data!  Benjamin Ruffard the son, bc 1759 together with siblings Mary c 1741 Shropshire,  John c 1755 Burford & Ann c 1761 Bockleton seem to have disappeared from the radar and I can't marry or bury them.  I have a sister, Susannah married to John Smith in 1788 at Little Birch. 
Ever hopeful
Amaris

Offline Barry R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 December 08 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There are no Rufford baptism entries in the Little Birch PR; the IGI entry is not based on fact. However, the Susannah Rufford who married John Smith in Little Birch was, I believe, born in Bockleton, Worcs. She married in Little Birch because I think she was staying with her sister Elizabeth who was married to Thomas Bennett of New Mills Farm, Little Birch. I believe another sister, Ann, married a man called Garland Davies in 1786. When Elizabeth (Rufford) Bennett died in 1851 her obit stated that she was the sister of the late Francis Rufford of Stourbridge.

Regards,

Barry

Offline Barry R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 December 08 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Amaris,

Do you have a lot of info on the Stourbridge Ruffords? I'd be gratefull for any Rufford details you have which would allow me to expand the Rufford section of my family tree.

Regards,

Barry

Offline Barry R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 March 09 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Amaris,

Came across more references linking the Ruffords of Herefordshire/Worcestershire with the Ruffords of Stourbridge.

One was the will of James Rufford of Shelsley Beauchamp, died c1790, who classes himself as the uncle of Francis Rufford of Stourbridge. This James is, I believe, the brother of Benjamin Rufford of Leominster.

The other is when William Rufford, the gt, gt,grand nephew of Benjamin Rufford became the rector of Lower Sapey in 1846 it was under the patronage of Philip Rufford of Heath Hse, Stourbridge.

Is the Francis Rufford mentioned by James the Francis Rufford that married Elizabeth Biggs ?

Barry