Author Topic: Rees & Ann Jones Marriage look up please  (Read 2688 times)

Offline parf

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rees & Ann Jones Marriage look up please
« on: Sunday 21 September 08 13:55 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am looking for the marriage of Rees Jones to Ann ? .  I have found the family on all the census (I think) & on 1841 census Rees & Ann(e) are living in civil parish of Cilycwm, with their children Rees 1834, Thomas 1837 & William 1840 all born in  Carmarthen.  I am guessing that they married before 1834 when the eldest child Rees was born.
On 1851 census they are living at what looks like "Melincribre" in Conwil Cayo.  Not sure of an address for 1841 census im affraid.  On all the rest of the census they are living at "Camnant" Farm in Llanycrwys.  I was wondering if it was possible to find Rees & Anns marriage from any of that information.

Hope someone can help
Thanks
Jan

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rees & Ann Jones Marriage look up please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 October 08 18:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Jan

With such a common name you would do well to get the birth certificate of one of hte children born 1837+.

This will give you Ann's maiden name and make it easier to establish which marriage might be theirs - hopefully!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Fisherman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 October 08 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,

As AR said the best bet would be to get a birth certificate of one of the younger children.

But saying that, and it's a big but,  there is a marriage in Cilycwm between a Rees Jones and Anne Roderick 19 July 1833.
Worth checking but will have to be backed up with evidence from the birth certificate.

Chris
Sockett in Shropshire, Montgomeryshire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire, Glamorgan and probably the rest of the UK
Corbet/t in Shropshire, Norfolk, Worcestershire
Gambold in South West Wales, USA, Australia
Baylis/s in Gloucestershire, South Wales
Richards in Breconshire
Manthorpe in Shropshire, Norfolk, Cheshire, Suffolk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 October 08 18:35 BST (UK) »
Oh that's well spotted, Fisherman.  A promising possibility, shall we say?

:D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline parf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 October 08 16:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you both for the help.  I have since putting the post on here got the birth certificate of their daughter Ann Jones (my husbands grt Grandmther) & her mother was Ann Roderick!!!  I also found the marriage on LDS in 1833, I am guessing that is my Rees & Ann.  Only trouble now is that there is no Marriage cert for them is there & the marriage entry in the Parish records would not give their fathers names.........what next I wonder with such common names?????

Thanks again
Jan

Offline jden29

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 March 12 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jan,

It seems that I have followed the same research trail as you and have found that Rees and Ann Jones are my great great grandparents.
I am  connected through Rees (1813) --> Rees (1862) --> John (1877) --> Ernest (1908) --> me Jennifer (1949)

Would you be willing to share the information you found about Rees & Ann and their family e.g. marriage certificate contents, addresses etc.

I am now living in Toronto Canada but will be visiting the UK in August.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 19 March 12 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jennifer  :)

Welcome to Rootschat!

Once you have made 3 postings on here, you will be able to use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data, such as email addresses and family names, with other Rootschatters.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Kindest regards
Morgan