Author Topic: William Forrester - Slamannan  (Read 18878 times)

Offline Pam Chetland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Forrester - Slamannan
« Reply #45 on: Monday 29 September 08 20:06 BST (UK) »

Hi Monica

The name of William Forrester and Margaret Thomas's daughter Ann Innes Tho Forrester is after Margaret Thomas 's grandmother Ann Innes, Margaret Rodger's parents were William Rodger and Ann Innes

Congratulations in finding the death of Mary Holden Gray Forrester under the name of Jane Holden Gray Forrester, I tried every combination of Mary Holden Gray , Mary Holden Forrester etc but Jane Holden Gray Forrester did not cross my mind how did you think of it?

Circumstancial evidence would seem to lead us to Mary Forrester, as seen on the 1901 census indeed being the illegitimate daughter of William Forrester, due to the place of her marriage and his being in the same area when he died

Great effort with a lot of imput from different sources

Regards

Pam

Offline DUNMAC

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 01 October 08 07:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks for P.M. Alison, you are more than welcome to keep GR tree switched on for further reference.
                                      Regards,
                                                 Duncan.
P.S. I hope you found all the information that forum members found, of use in your further researches.
McDonald: Patterson: Hart: Josey: Provan: Meldrum: Murphy: McIntyre: McEachern:McColl: Cupples: Burt: McCormack: Steele: Laird: Hardie: Robertson: Easton: Sneddon: Skinner: Stark: Shaw: Sanders: Chapman, Gordon, Grant, Littlejohn,  McLeod, McHattie: Younie: Ironside: Spalding, Smith: Mathieson: Ower:
Koens.

Morvern, Argyll: Glasgow, Lanarkshire: Falkirk, & Grangemouth, Kippen, Kilsyth: Stirlingshire: Dumfries & Borders, Scotland & England:
Aberdeenshire: Morayshire: Ireland: Netherlands.

Offline alisonbcd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 26 October 08 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everyone for your hard work in researching William and his connections. I have to say I had to re-read some of the information as there was rather a lot to digest.

My apologies for the delay in thanking you, I had been away on vacation.

Regards, Alison
Featherstonhaugh; Doran; Murray; Gray