Author Topic: William Williams Jones, Bryn y Croes & Bangor  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Liesbeth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Williams Jones, Bryn y Croes & Bangor
« on: Friday 26 September 08 10:55 BST (UK) »
My husband has a will belonging to William Williams Jones, a master mariner, who left houses to many of our relatives in Bangor. In one census, I think 1870, just before he died, he is living with the family. But I am unable to understand his link to our family, which is Williams, originally from Llandygai. He seems to be an uncle possibly. He was born 1807 Bryn y Croes (Groes?). My husband's great grandfather, John Williams, born about 1836, was the publican of the Garth Hotel, Bangor, as well as a joiner. He was married to Ann Griffith, the daughter of the blacksmith at Glanrafon, by Sackville Road. One of John's brothers was Matthias Williams, born about 1832, slate foreman eventually, who lived at 44, Garth Road, Bangor. John and Matthias's parents were Robert Williams, sawyer, from Llandygai, and Margaret (Roberts?) from Bangor. These two are buried at Llandygai graveyard.

I am not sure how to find out anything about William Williams Jones.
Williams (Llandygai & Bangor), Edwards (Bodelwyddan & St Asaph), Gifford (Delting, Shetlands & Liverpool), Vickers (Hulme, Manchester and Rushton, Cheshire), Glover (Simonswood & Liverpool)