Author Topic: South Lancashire Regiment/Labour Corps  (Read 1909 times)

Offline sooty5871

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
South Lancashire Regiment/Labour Corps
« on: Friday 26 September 08 13:00 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me I've been trying to tie this person to my family tree and can't so I thought someone might be able to help me to find out about a Sgt frank Corbett service number 389033 who was honourably discharged from the South Lancashire Regiment on the 24 may 1919. There is a stamp on the back of the discharge that says labour corps record office Nottingham dated 17 June 1919 with a number under the date 32290. But no one in my family who I have none can place him I have found a Francis H Corbett born abt 1885 in Compton Kinver, England who is part of my tree but I have no-way of knowing if that is the same person. I have also got other information on Sgt frank Corbett now from other sources on the net as follows:

According to his Medal Index Card he was

13417 Sergeant in the South Lancashire Regiment, later 389023 Sergeant in Labour Corps, so he could have been wounded at some point 

Description     
Medal card of Corbett, Frank
Corps   Regiment No   Rank
South Lancashire Regiment    13417    Sergeant
Labour Corps    389023   

Date    1914-1920

The labour corps was formed in 1917, he could have been transferred if his fitness level had been downgraded,  due to wounds (as Wendi says) or sickness or perhaps the need for experienced NCO's

His number suggests he was a member of 818 Company which was formed on the 17th September 1917 in Salonika

this is all I have if anyone can help further with this I will be very pleased
thank you Peter Corbett

Moderator comment: e-mail address removed to prevent spamming and othr abuse

Offline calderfields

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: South Lancashire Regiment/Labour Corps
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 April 23 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter

I know that your post about Frank Corbett has been up for some years, but I have just come across it and can supply you with details of him if you have not yet found out anything about him as I have been researching him after acquiring his World War 1 medals some time ago.
If you are still interested in his details, get in touch and I can give you birth dates and addresses for him.
Best Wishes

Offline sooty5871

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 April 23 09:19 BST (UK) »
that would be great thank you very much I only know what is here other than he his family somewhere down the but I am the only one left and would love to solve the questions of how he is related thank you very much

Offline calderfields

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 April 23 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter

Give me your email address and I will send you what I have found

Paul Corbett 

Offline sooty5871

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 April 23 09:59 BST (UK) »
Moderator comment: Personal e-mail address removed to prevent others spamming or abusing it.  RootsChat's guidance is that members use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thanks