Author Topic: Thomas FOULKES, born about 1760, in Denbighshire.  (Read 5213 times)

Offline annrich

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas FOULKES, born about 1760, in Denbighshire.
« on: Saturday 27 September 08 04:54 BST (UK) »
Hi, my name is Ann and I live in Queensland, Australia.  I have been compiling my family tree now for two years and recently I have been researching my husband mother's side of the family the FOULKES.

Thomas Foulkes is where I am stuck at the present time and I would be very gratefull if anyone can give me information on who is Thomas's parents.  This is the only information I have at present.

Thomas Foulkes married to Ann ????,  they were the parents of Robert Foulkes born about 3/5/1789 in Cristionydd Ken, Ruabon, Denbigh in Wales.

Can anyone on this forum tell me who the parents of Thomas Foulkes are, most of the Foulkes lived in St Asaph and Flint in the later years, but I cannot give you a place of birth for Thomas.

If you can help maybe you could also look to see if there is a surname for Thomas's wife Ann, her details would also be appreciative, I expect they were born around the same time.

Thankyou very much I eagerly await any replies.  Regards, Ann

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas FOULKES, born about 1760, in Denbighshire.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 September 08 10:40 BST (UK) »
I would like to wish you a very warm welcome to Rootschat Ann.Whilst I will not have access to the Ruabon Denbighshire Parish Registers until Tuesday when I go to the Rhosymedre Resource Centre of Clwyd FHS,I think it unlikely at that time for your Foulkes Family to have originated in that part of Flintshire.Interestingly Cristionydd Ken was the ancient name for the area which includes where my village Cefn Mawr is today.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline annrich

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 September 08 17:31 BST (UK) »
Hi William,

Thank you for the lovely welcome and for the service you provide.  I will now give you some information that I have regarding where the family members lived according to the IGI.  I will just give the names of my husbands relatives, birthdate and town born.

Thomas Owen Foulkes, born 1873, Dwelling Mertyn Cottage, Whitford, Flint.  Thomas's Wifes name is Elizabeth Davies.

Robert Foulkes,  born 1841, Father of Thomas, born1873 same address as Thomas above.  Robert's Wife is Alice  ? born 1838.

Cornelius Foulkes, born 1814, Father of Robert, born 1841, on the 1841 Census it gives the abode address of Broomhill Ln, St Asaph.  Cornelius's wife is Jane ??, born 1816.

Robert Foulkes, born 1789, Father of Cornelius, born 1814, from St Asaph.  Robert's wife was Margaret Williams.

Thomas Foulkes, born about 1759, Father of Robert born 1789, from Cristionydd Ken, Ruabon, Denbigh.  Thomas's wife was Ann ??, Ann was born Banister Isaf, Henilan.

The undermentioned are only findings, I have no proof that they are related to Thomas born 1759:-

There is a Thomas Foulkes who married an Anne Jones on 14/7/1786, they married in Llanefydd, Denbigh.  This was the only Thomas married to an Ann I could find on the IGI.

There is a Edward Foulkes born 7/11/1733 no birthtown  given and his wife Elizabeth Parry born 17/7/1735, born in Flint.  they married on 9.5.1759 at Henillan Parish, Henilllan.  They had a son Thomas christened 27/6/1759  born at Banister Isaf, Henillan.

The parents of Edward Foulkes born 7/11/1733 above are Thomas Foulkes christened 7/10/1716 at Henillan Parish but born in Rhyd Galed, Henillan, and wife Mary Roberts, born about 1714 also of Henillan Parish.  Edward and Mary married on 15/1/1732 in Henillan Parish.

The parents of Thomas Foulkes born 1716 above are Edward Foulkes born about 1682 and wife Magdelena Jones born about 1684 again Henillan Parish, they married on 2/6/1704 at Henillan Parish.

It would be great if Thomas Foulkes, born about 1760 and the other Foulkes families underneath him are related.

I will hope for some positive information and I look forward to hearing from you William in due course.

My Regards, Ann.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 October 08 21:47 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately Ann there was no Marriage showing for a Thomas and Ann Foulkes at Ruabon prior to Robert's Birth.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline annrich

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 October 08 15:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you William, I appreciate the time that you put in for me.  Let's hope someone else sees the forum maybe someone out there may have some information.  Have a great weekend, Cheers Ann