Author Topic: finn family of longford  (Read 8969 times)

Offline dangers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: finn family of longford
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 25 August 09 13:26 BST (UK) »
hello,thanks again for the reply,good to hear you are okay,it has taken so long to get any information,now it is coming thick and fast,we are looking into ways of getting to kenagh,to visit the graves and family,will update more soon,great to hear from you carmel
i am researching my dangerfield roots,that stem from wiltshire to gateshead back to wiltshire then to london

Offline Melfin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 August 09 14:11 BST (UK) »
Bridget and Paddy Finn ( Eileen's grandparents) are buried in Kilcommock cemetry, it's not far from Kenagh village.

Offline jasper63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 September 09 23:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Eileen,

My name is Val and I am the daughter of Margaret Finn. It was my school friend Sandra who first contacted you and then sent me the link. I remembered your name but do not have very clear memories of your family apart from Dorothy who I think is about the same age as me. I think she and I were both bridesmaids at Auntie Betty's wedding? Also I have a vague memories of your mother lending me Dorothy's first communion dress.
My mum was delighted she would not have to buy one but I was clearly much chubbier  and a bit taller than Dorothy and the dress pulled in every direction on the day. I still have a photograph which I keep well hidden!

If you visted us in Portsmouth you may have had toffee apples as my dad used to make them regularly, usually on a Sunday morning. I blame him for all my fillings!   

I hope you are able to find out what you need to about your family tree now. I may have some old photographs but I don't think I have any of your family. I'll have a look and get back to you.

Hope to hear from you soon
Kind Regards
Val

Offline dangers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 04 September 09 10:16 BST (UK) »
hello val,hope you are well,after all this time its great to know many of the family are around.please thank sandra,without her all of this would not be happening.sorry to here about your mum,but i did get to speak to aunty betty.i am looking into ways of going to longford sometime soon,my mum and dad both died over 20 years ago and then we all lost contact,it would be great if we could exchange photos,but it would be a oneway exchange as my photos are not in my hands anymore.aunty betty has sent us a copy of her wedding photo,with dorothy in,so you must be in it to,all of my family use facebook to exchange photos and chat,if any of you use it please look us up
i am researching my dangerfield roots,that stem from wiltshire to gateshead back to wiltshire then to london

Offline jasper63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 04 September 09 13:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Eileen,
good to hear from you. I am in the wedding photo, I'm the one with the seriously dodgy looking fringe, kindly cut my my mum!
We are on face book so will look you up but you will need to let me know your surname now. Mine is Emery. I will look you up and send you a photo of my family. I am married to Pete and we have four children.
 I will thank Sandra. I think it was pure luck she came across your entry as she was trying to trace her own relatives. Auntie Betty told you have been waiting a long time for information. It's a shame really isn't it that we are close relatives  and all lost touch? I guess we were all to young to think about keeping in touch with cousins we'd rarely seen and we all lived so far apart. I am really bad at keeping in touch even with the family I am aware of I'm afraid. Sometimes life is just too busy which is a shame.
Kind Regards
Val

Offline dangers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 09 September 09 12:37 BST (UK) »
hello all,and thanks again for all of your input,we are in touch with fiona and aunt betty,i have looked carmel and val up on facebook,just waiting on replies,we have rung breege and left a message,it has been so good to know you are out there,we had nearly given up