Author Topic: Crosses Green and St Nicholas Church in Cork City  (Read 6228 times)

Offline Carrignafoy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Crosses Green and St Nicholas Church in Cork City
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 December 08 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Danny,

All I can suggest is the same advice I've given Canberragirl and contact the local churches or the General Registers office in Dublin at www.groireland.ie.

I would imagine the British national archives would have records of Beefeaters at the Tower of London.  As far as I know all beefeaters had to be serving or retired officers of the British Army or Royal Navy, both of which have very thorough records of personnel.   Try the National Archives for the UK at Kew www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sorry I can't be more specific. 

Carrignafoy

Offline Danny18

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 December 08 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carrignafoy,

Many thanks for that info. I have alot of info about William from his days in the army and his wife`s family and children but know nothing about his parents or siblings. For the last couple of years I have hit a brick wall with him and I hope to visit Ireland to search for his birth record in the new year. By the sound of it the local churches are a good start.

Many thanks again,

Danny

Offline Carrignafoy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 December 08 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Definitely Danny.  The local church records go back a fair bit further than the official state records.