Author Topic: Donegore - Bryson-Wilson  (Read 26891 times)

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Donegore - Bryson-Wilson
« Reply #135 on: Friday 12 January 24 09:31 GMT (UK) »
So the 1886 Martha Bryson  to William Gordon marriage turns into this when put through the Rootschat shrinking pot. I guess I will have to post to see if I have correctly followed instruction. But am putting in the pdf link as well.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01sxq/

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1886/10840/5957285.pdf

Anyway their daughter Ellen was probably named after the Ellen Gordon who was the other witness with James Bryson.

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Friday 12 January 24 09:46 GMT (UK) »
OK that worked so next death of Ellen Jane Bryson of Ballybracken  in 1894. It says her father was Alexander Byrson and her sister Sarah J Bryson registered the death

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01sxr/

So not a daughter of William Bryson.

Which Ellen Bryson record do you mean  Gilby? Alive where in 1901?

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Friday 12 January 24 10:01 GMT (UK) »

You don't need to shrinklink the IrishGenealogy BMD pdf's.

Only the very long URL links that some Rootschatters still paste on the threads.

Good luck  ;)

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Friday 12 January 24 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Kiltaglassan

So I wondered if this marriage af an Ellen Bryson daughter of Robert is relevant. I suspect the husbands surname is Nevin as Nivin is not in census.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1901/10314/5754587.pdf

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: Friday 12 January 24 10:17 GMT (UK) »
This could be the same Ellen Bryson in Ballymena unmarried  in 1901. Son Robert aged 2 and daughter Sarah aged 5.

https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Ballymena_and_Town_and_Urban_District_of_Ballymena/Linenhall_Street/926246/

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Friday 12 January 24 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Looks like Martha Gordon registered the birth of Ellen's daughter Sarah so that does fit.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1896/02175/1823538.pdf

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Friday 12 January 24 10:28 GMT (UK) »
The 1911 census record for Ellen Nevin shows 4 children born and 3 alive. The two children listed with Ellen and John Nevin were his children born after they married in 1901. So it looks like one of Ellen's two children Sarah and Robert Bryson  born before 1901 was still alive in 1911. I can see one Sarah Bryson aged 14 listed as a visitor in Owensland in 1911 who would be a possibility.

Offline Gilby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Sunday 14 January 24 17:18 GMT (UK) »
The 1911 census record for Ellen Nevin shows 4 children born and 3 alive. The two children listed with Ellen and John Nevin were his children born after they married in 1901. So it looks like one of Ellen's two children Sarah and Robert Bryson  born before 1901 was still alive in 1911. I can see one Sarah Bryson aged 14 listed as a visitor in Owensland in 1911 who would be a possibility.

Thanks.  I’d miss-read “Nivin” as “Nixon” the other day for some reason.  The child who had died by 1911 was John James Nevin (1903-1906). 

They seem to have counted Ellen’s first two children (Sarah in 1896, Robert in 1898) as being born to the 1901 marriage, which suggests John James Nevin (senior) was their biological father.

I agree that it is probably Ellen’s daughter Sarah aged 14 in Owensland in 1911.  It is interesting that she is still a Bryson though, which contradicts my previous point.

Anyway, if that is Ellen’s daughter in Owensland with the Andrew family, that could be significant for the Bryson connections.  William Andrew’s wife Margaret (d. 1908) was a daughter of Robert Bryson of Ballyvoy.  From the will of Robert’s brother John (1859), we know they had a brother James (in America at the time) who had a son called Robert.

Offline ruthamy05

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Sunday 14 January 24 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Many moons ago I began this thread......and here I am, 18 years later,  still looking for the same people. The Brysons of Ballywee.  I am happy and excited to see all of your posts, sure wish we could find the answers but there are so many John’s James and William Brysons out there it is very confusing.  After all this time I have still not found James Bryson, who was the son of John of Ballywee who came to the U.S. in 1830. And I'm  till trying to figure out how James Milford is John Bryson’s grandson and if Andrew Smyth actually is a son of John or just someone John called “son” in his will....so many questions.  All of you have provided such wonderful insight, and done so much research..you are super sleuths.  I hope that somehow we can sort this all out together.  Deb has certainly done a ton of work in the last year making the connections and seeing where they go.  I look forward to seeing where this challenge goes.   Happy New Year!  Let's make it a Bryson one!
Ruth