Author Topic: CRAWFORD-GRISSAM 1902 marriage?  (Read 15937 times)

Offline akanex2

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: CRAWFORD-GRISSAM 1902 marriage?
« Reply #27 on: Monday 09 February 09 02:45 GMT (UK) »
Carol

Just got some papers from PRONI on Archibald Grissam (d.1871 aged 35, batchelor) which may shed more light on your Sarah's ancestors.  Archibald is the son of Hugh Grissam of Ballygawley and Ann Taylor.  He died without making a will but the administration of the estate was granted to his brother William, the beneficiaries being William, John and James Orr Grissam.

William (m Nancy Duff) and John (married Elizabeth Finlay) were definitely Archibald's brothers and he was a batchelor so it is a fair bet that James Orr Grissam was another brother as having an equal claim with John and William.  As Sarah's father was James, this could be the guy! 

This fits with some of the children's names as, by the above argument, James had a brother William and Martha and Hugh were the brother and sister of his father.

I know it's fairly tenuous but given the rarity of the name it must be a real possibility.

Offline carolc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 11 February 09 19:07 GMT (UK) »
This is great, because all I could find was James Grissam b-1878 & 1898.
 ;D
Have loads of Grissams now but trying to fit them all into the right families is proving to be difficult.
Thanks for keeping me in mind  ;)
crawford,king,grissam, aghadowey
currie, coleraine, londonderry

Offline akanex2

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 11 February 09 20:08 GMT (UK) »
I think I can find a place for them all now - send me a PM if you have any questions of particular Grissams and I'll do my best to explain.