Author Topic: CRAWFORD-GRISSAM 1902 marriage?  (Read 15941 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: CRAWFORD-GRISSAM 1902 marriage?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 18 October 08 22:28 BST (UK) »
According to LDS submissions:
King Crawford married Margaret King. Their son King Crawford (born 1836 died 1911) married 1871 Elizabeth Leeper.

It is possible that several people submitted information on King Crawford- such duplicatios (and often conflicting information) is quite common on LDS site.

My details were from actual church records. 
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline akanex2

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 18 October 08 22:43 BST (UK) »
Kingskerswell

The Sarah Jane Grissam born in 1871 and daughter of Langford and Matilda was married to Charles Boyd in 2nd Kilrea Presbyterian in 1901.  I also have Sarah  born 1873 in Aghadowey, the daughter of Richard and Nancy (Young), who married Robert McFadden in Aghadowey Church of Ireland in 1891.  The third Sarah of the same generation is where I'm confused.

Offline carolc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 October 08 18:58 BST (UK) »
Sarah Grissam that married king Crawford 1902 must have been born late 1870s early 1880s because her last child was born 1921. her other children were called william, Martha, Hugh, Fred, louise and Hetty, thought we could get a clue from the names but still came up with nothing, but will keep on trying. ??? ::) ::)
crawford,king,grissam, aghadowey
currie, coleraine, londonderry

Offline akanex2

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 October 08 22:53 BST (UK) »
Carol

The names Martha and Hugh are found in the Ballygawley (Aghadowey) Grissam family rather than the Ballynacally family to which Langford and Richard belong.  I have not been able to connect up these 2 branches, although as the only Grissams in Co Londonderry in 1831 and in Griffith they must surely be related.  William Grissam who married Nancy Duff in Ballymena was of the Ballygawley branch (his father was Hugh) - could they have had a daughter Sarah born in Scotland?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 October 08 23:09 BST (UK) »
William Grissam (m. Nancy Duff) and children Annie and William in Scotland at time of 1871 census but son Hugh born 1873 Ballygawley.

Offline carolc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 24 October 08 14:31 BST (UK) »
Martha Grissam D-28/02/1868 late of Ballygawley co Londonderry (spinster)
effects under £300 granted to Archibald Grissam of Ballygawley (farmer) nephew of deceased.

Archibald Grissam D- 21/10/1871 late of Ballygawley co Londonderry  (Bachelor) farmer
effects under £200
Granted to William Grissam of Ballygawley (labourer)
the brother and one of the next of kin of deceased.

Just found this.
crawford,king,grissam, aghadowey
currie, coleraine, londonderry

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 24 October 08 14:40 BST (UK) »
John Grissam (d.16 Mar.1844), Ballygawley, m. Malshy and had children: John, Archibald, Ann, Martha (d.1868), Hugh.

Hugh Grissam m. Ann Taylor and had: John (c1822-1894 Scotland) and probably William (d.8 Oct.1894), Ballygawley.

Have re-checked my notes and Archibald d.1871 is probably another son of Hugh & Ann.

Offline akanex2

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 24 October 08 14:58 BST (UK) »
From what I understand Archibald (d. 1871) was a brother  (not uncle) of William of Ballygawley who married Nancy Duff and John of Partick who married Eliza Ann Finlay.  I had wondered if their grandfather John had been the John Grissam who married Margaret Woodburn in 1st Garvagh Presbyterian in 1799 and an interested in the source of the name Malshy.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 24 October 08 15:36 BST (UK) »
1831 Census- Ballygawley McMullan: Hugh Grisan 4 males 3 females (R.C.); John Grissam 3 males 3 females (Pres.).
1833 Tithe Applotment List- Ballygawley: Hugh Grisham (c11 acres); John Grisham (c27 acres).
1859 Griffith's Valuation- Ballygawley: 1a Hugh Gressam (64c 3r 0p); 1b Martha Gressam (house only); 1d Hugh Gressam (lodger) (house only).

Estate of John Grissam late of Ballygawley who died 16th March 1844, Daniel Moon Lisnamuck Executor. Son John Grissam, son Archibald Grissam, dau. Ann Grissam £50.0.0, dau. Martha Grissam £150.0.0, son Hugh Grissam £25.0.0.