Author Topic: LOCKYER of Kingstone  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Achiles

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LOCKYER of Kingstone
« on: Sunday 05 October 08 07:20 BST (UK) »
Rosanna LOCKYER, my GGGG grandmother, was born in Kingstone, Somerset about 1744 and married Stephen HUTCHINGS in 1765, also in Kingstone. However, I have so far been unable to locate any record of her parents or siblings. Any clues anyone?

Offline The Doc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Mother & Father circa 1926
    • View Profile
Re: LOCKYER of Kingstone
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 November 08 05:53 GMT (UK) »
G'day Allan,
I noticed the surname LOCKYER in one of your messages & am interested in what you have researched.I am researching the Walton family from Somerton Somerset & I believe my GGGgrandmother could have been Sarah Lockyer who married Henry Walton 24 June 1772 at Somerton.My relationship to the family is through Lockyer Walton my maternal grandmother's father.He with his brother Henry migrated to Hobart, Tasmania,Australia in 1855 as a 13 year old,any help would be appreciated.I have the census for 1851 showing the family living in West Street Somerton & Sarah as being born at Boltenborough
Kind Regards
Peter Docking
Thirkettle,Docking,Harris.Simpson.
Syderstone,Castle Acre,Wesenham,South Lynn.
Gt Yarmouth. Freethorpe.
Walton,Lockyer,>Somerton Somersetshire

Offline Achiles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 November 08 01:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Nice to hear from you, but will not be able to open any doors on your family history research.

Rosanna LOCKYER is one of the big mysteries in my family tree. She was my GGGG grandmother, and the records say she was born about 1744 at Kingstone, Somerset. She married Stephen HUTCHINGS in October 1765, also at Kingstone. However, I have never been able to find out anything about her parents or siblings (if any).

And that's it.

Cheers,

Allan (from Brisbane, Australia)

Offline Prudencey

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 July 10 15:27 BST (UK) »
Peter Docking,
I think I am a decedent of Henry Walton, my Grandfather is a Walton. The picture you have on you profile the man looks almost identical to my Grandfather from what I can tell.
Could you possibly give me the names of the people in the photo.
Also did you know a Cyril Lansdowne Walton?
I'm trying to trace back my family tree on the Walton side, my grandfather and his parents all lived in Tasmania, but my Grandfather is now in Victoria and has been here since around 1942.

Prudence Walton-Pearce