Author Topic: Michie-Marshall  (Read 2338 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Michie-Marshall
« on: Monday 06 October 08 05:34 BST (UK) »
Hope I am not pushing my luck here, nursing a heavy dose of something or other  ::) so decided to keep my mind of it and try and clear up old subjects. Hopefully.

Ann Michie c1771/1776 Clackmannan, parents James Michie and Charlotte Paterson.
Ann married John Marshall 09 Jun 1797 Clackmannan OPR466/0040 0523.
Children - Charlotte 1802, Catharine 1810, (2) John's 1804 and 1816, James 1797, and (2) Williams 1808 and 1812.

Now do have them (I think) 1841 census but the name is given as Agnes with daughters Charlotte and Catharine and granddaughter Robina Snaden (my grandmother x3) her mother being Charlotte !!!.

Problem is cannot find John Marshall/Marshel, originally had his parents as James Marshall and Christian Gibson from Alloa, but have just sighted (on Ancestry) which make me think otherwise.

Ann Marshall death cert GRO466/00 0042 states she died in 1863 age 92 widow of John Marshall (labourer) at Sauchie, informant is John Marshall Grandson at Sauchie.

There are so many Marshall's and Michie's in Clackmannan, I really need help sorting them out.  Would assume John Marshall died prior to 1841 as not on the census.  1861 census Ann Marshall has reverted to her maiden name Ann Michie dob1771, they are at Newtonshaw Nth side of the Turnpike Road.

I know I have posted before on this family but I just do not seem to get any further forward, even thought at one stage  the girls may have been daughters-in-law.  I just dont know  ???

Hope someone can give me hand with this PLEASE.

As Always..patvp

Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.