Author Topic: BELL / Belle - County Cork  (Read 878 times)

Offline RedFox

• RootsChat Member
  • One of Many Family Lines
    • View Profile
BELL / Belle - County Cork
« on: Monday 06 October 08 20:21 BST (UK) »
I'm working on researching ancestors in Ireland; I've barely begun.  I just put another posting under County Down on the daughter of the man who FamilySearch shows was born in County Cork.

George Bell was born abt. 1720 in County Cork according to FS.  He is the father of Agness Nancy Bell born in 1765 in County Down.  George's wife was Mary Jane Jess, but no further information was given as to when or where she was born. 

Agness emigrated to the US before 1800; I don't know if either of her parents did.  Agness married in Adams, Cumberland, PA, so I assume she docked in Philadephia, PA.  The name of the town may have changed since then.  Agness married abt. 1799 when she was settled.  It was her granddaughter who married in to my family line.

I would appreciate any information on Agness' father George Bell.  As I say, I don't know if his wife Mary Jane Jess was born in Co. Cork as well.  Thanks,  Redfox
CUMLD: Davidson, Robson, Atkinson, Blackburn,  Wilkinson, Mumberson, Milburn
CRNWL:  Dawe, Bawden, Leming
CHES: Heginbotham
YRK:  Dawe, Jackson, Ranson, Leming
LANC:  Dawe, Harris, Thomas, Bellamy or Billany, Bayliff, Madsen
EAST SSX:  Etchingham - Woolgar
SCT: RXB-Robson, REN & LNK-Lisle/Lyle/Leill, Taylor, Masson
WALES: Dawe
USA:  MI - Dawe, Stringer, Lisle, Robson, Davidson, Mills, Handy, Betzner, Leeper, Fankboner, Ross, Lyle
IRE: Bell, Prestley/Priestley
GER: Wuerttemberg - Betz

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BELL / Belle - County Cork
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 October 08 20:30 BST (UK) »
County Down post here:
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,332602.msg2124316.html#msg2124316

Basically the same thing I said there applies to this post. The LDS records you are looking at may be submitted ones and thus need to be checked and verified. There are several different submitted versions for Agnes Bell (different husband, parents, etc.) so you need to check for church records (if they exist).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!