Author Topic: Surridge/Stark family bible - Devon  (Read 4514 times)

Offline Daniels-mum

• RootsChat Member
  • David Clark 1843-1903 & Emma Clark(Jones)1841-1941
    • View Profile
Surridge/Stark family bible - Devon
« on: Wednesday 08 October 08 20:50 BST (UK) »
The Surridge (Broadclyst) and Stark (Poltimore) family bible is still in my family (my Great-Grandmother was Emma Stark - her photo is in my profile!). I have typed the inscriptions into a word document which I can email to anyone who is interested.

The Surridge entries start in 1824 and the Stark entries start in 1856.  They record dates/days and even times of birth. There are also some deaths recorded. The latest entry is for the death of Gertrude Surridge in 1940. Sarah Surridge (b 1828) married Robert Stark in 1855 and the bible passed with her from the Surridge to the Stark family.

AMBLER (Lincs) CLARK (West Felton, Shrops) EDWARDS (Yate, Dodington, Glos, Chester, Llan-y-Pwll, Kinnerley, Llandrinio) ELLA (Malton/Welton, Yorks) JOHNSON (Roos/Welton,Yorks) HOPKINS (London) JONES (Great Ness/Whittington/Wellington) MORLEY (Welton/Sutton, Yorks) PAYNE (Abbot's Langley, Herts) STARK (Poltimore, Devon) STE(A)DMAN (Acton Burnell, Shrops) SURRIDGE (Broadclyst, Devon) VICK (Tetbury, Glos) WILLIAMS (Ellesmere, Shrops)