Author Topic: davies lookup  (Read 1383 times)

Offline hburgess7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
davies lookup
« on: Saturday 10 September 05 19:26 BST (UK) »
My great grandparents were married approx. 1860 - 70s.Their names were Elizabeth Margaret Clegg and Frederick William Davies.They lived in Toxteth Park, counties of Liverpool and Lancaster. I would be grateful for any more info. on them.
                            Hilary
Davies  wallasey , liverpool

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
davies lookup
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 September 05 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Hilary,

There is a marriage on www.lancashirebmd.org.uk for 1889, Elizabeth M Clegg to Frederick W Davies at St Catherines, Edge Hill ref 2061WD/2/307.  If you print off the form you can send for the marriage certificate which will give you the father's names.

Hope this helps,
Jean
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Offline hburgess7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
davies lookup
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 September 05 23:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that. I am trying to find all the members of the Davies family who would have lived at 167 Mount Pleasant Road , Wallasey during 1940s - 50s.     Can you tell me the best way to go about this.
                Hilary

Offline Cedas

• RootsChat Member
  • my worst fear - I will turn into my 3 x gt grandma
    • View Profile
davies lookup
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 November 05 11:14 GMT (UK) »
The dates are relatively recent so may not yet be in the archives but you could try the electoral roll in Liverpool city library or old telephone directories.    electoral rolls at Liverpool city library.  Catalogue of the library archives is on line -
http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Leisure_and_culture/Libraries/Archives/index.asp

I am not 100% sure whether they would cover Wallasey as this used to be cheshire a quick phone call or email to them would no doubt point you in the right direction.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere about old phone directories being made available - maybe another chatter can tell you where to find them.
Davies: Flintshire & Liverpool<br />Williams: Anglesey & Liverpool<br />Hughes: Anglesey<br />Evans: N Wales<br />Street: Lancs & Cheshire<br />Skilling: Liverpool & Ulster<br />Gilfillan: Co Down<br />McNickle: Ulster, Derry<br />Dempsey: Co Derry<br />Bilsborrow: Liverpool<br />Potter: Liverpool
Also special interest in Edinburgh, Whiting and Goodger

Offline hburgess7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
davies lookup
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 November 05 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that ,I've now emailed the record office . Can you tell me what the names and places in small print mean at the bottom ?
                                       Hilary

Offline Cedas

• RootsChat Member
  • my worst fear - I will turn into my 3 x gt grandma
    • View Profile
davies lookup
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 15 November 05 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Do you mean the suranmes under someone's post?  If so it is the research interests they have.  So under mine you should see that I too am looking DAVIES (amongst others) in Liverpool and N Wales - flintshire to be precise.

You can put your interests in easily by going to profile somewhere near top of page but don't ask me how to put in a fancy picture as I haven't mastered that yet.
Davies: Flintshire & Liverpool<br />Williams: Anglesey & Liverpool<br />Hughes: Anglesey<br />Evans: N Wales<br />Street: Lancs & Cheshire<br />Skilling: Liverpool & Ulster<br />Gilfillan: Co Down<br />McNickle: Ulster, Derry<br />Dempsey: Co Derry<br />Bilsborrow: Liverpool<br />Potter: Liverpool
Also special interest in Edinburgh, Whiting and Goodger

Offline kinged

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
davies lookup
« Reply #6 on: Friday 09 December 05 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Just seen your request for info on Davies' of Toxteth.
My wifes gt,gt.Grandfather Henry Davies was born in Toxteth c1827, but he lived in Denbigh from 1851 until his death in 1903 where he was in business as a newsagent.
He may or may not be related to your Davies' as I know there were a lot of Davies' in Liverpool at that time.
I have no history of him prior to his move to Denbigh, but I do have information of some of his descendants.
Frank

Offline erndeb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
davies lookup
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 08 October 08 00:15 BST (UK) »
hi there ref your davies i have a william thomas distant family member born 1865 flint made his way up to station town thats  in the north east married elizabeth jane stoves had a son william thomas davies 1891 then he married harriet cartman 1911 but on william 91 he has dropped the e from davies ,william 65 on his marriege cert his father is also william the 2 witneses are samuel davies & annie davies would you happen to know whome william born 1865 mother is thanks..ernie

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
davies lookup
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 08 October 08 00:26 BST (UK) »
Frank
Did you also notice that Hilary's post is three years old ???
She hasnt been on-line this year.So you may not get a reply.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885