Author Topic: Wilson  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Samantha parr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 March 24 21:08 GMT (UK) »
My great grandmother is Mary Wilson and my grandmother is Maria shale .. tho I’m confused out how she was born in 1914 died then born again in 1915 same parents names .
Tho I have found some crazy stuff in my family going off story’s of royals … but of course proving that is very difficult . Even when dna match showes all names
But Windsor .

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 March 24 21:29 GMT (UK) »

tho I’m confused out how she was born in 1914 died then born again in 1915 same parents names .

It was very common back then to "re-use" a name of a child who'd died when a subsequent child was born. So your Maria was Mary's second daughter of that name - the first having died the same quarter of 1914 as her birth

Offline Samantha parr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 March 24 11:44 GMT (UK) »
She must of also had that baby in April also then and died June as me nanna was born end of April . I think I will get the birth certificates ad the likely good of them been born same day is slim .

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 March 24 16:55 GMT (UK) »
A birth registered in the June qtr could have been born as early as the end of February for the birth to be registered in the April/May/June qtr as they would have 6 weeks to register the birth
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk