Author Topic: Bishop Auckland Perry 1870's  (Read 1116 times)

Offline meggylux

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bishop Auckland Perry 1870's
« on: Sunday 12 October 08 00:51 BST (UK) »
This is a huge ask, but I am hoping someone out there may like a challenge. If you check  out my other threads you will get a broad history of my ongoing search for details re my Great grandfather. Previously I have not got further back than 1881 when he married ? 2nd wife in Newcastle. However I think I have found several newspaper articles placing him in the Bishops Auckland area in the 1870's

One article in the Northern Echo (Darlington) 25th Oct 1879 show Arthur Perry (accountant) in court for non payment of a loan. Sergeant Major Fox acted as surity. It states that a promisery note was in the name of Arthur Perry and his wife, it states he sold his furniture at Durham market and offered shares in  an insurance office.

However in the Northern Echo Darlington 17th oct 1877, Duff and Rowntree, undertakers sue Arthur Perry (accountant) for £20 for the funeral of his wife. I have found a death of an Elizabeth Perry in Auckland in 1877 on FreeBmd, but she is 42 and by my calculations Arthur would have been approx 25.

Obviously this Arthur Perry may not be my relative but its a lead. Is anyone able to access local records in order to help  me make sense of all this. I need to make you aware that my relatives actual name was George Arthur. I have got the marriage cert of an Arthur who married Hannah Hunter in Hull and this is not my relative..

Thank you for taking the time to read this