Author Topic: 1841/1851 Lookup Request - GARNSEY  (Read 525 times)

Offline HiFly

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1841/1851 Lookup Request - GARNSEY
« on: Tuesday 14 October 08 10:02 BST (UK) »
Looking for the details of a household headed by Samuel Garnsey and his wife Jane (nee Vallis) who married at St Swithins, Walcot in 1826 according to Parish Register Transcriptions. No details of Grooms or Brides fathers given.

I know that there was a Vallis family in Walcot at the time although I have had no record of a Jane before and the only Samuel I could find on IGI ~1800 came from Devon - so hoping the lookup could give me a few more additional clues to chase down.

TIA - HiFly

KENNEDY - Bewcastle/Stapleton, Cumberland
& Haltwhistle, Northumberland
VALLIS/VALLAS/VILLIS - Everywhere in UK
SHAW - Liverpool
WRIGHT - Canada & Liverpool
ELLIS - Wiltshire & India
FUCHS/BRUNEDER - Austria
CMYRAL - Bohemia

Offline GAJ

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/1851 Lookup Request - GARNSEY
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 October 08 16:24 BST (UK) »
The only Samuel Garnsey I found of the right sort of age in 1851 was living in Walcot (Trinity pariah) aged 50, a chimney sweeper born in Broughton Wiltshire.  The entry says he is married but there is no wife in residence.  The only other person living there was Mary Langdon, servant, married aged 54 born in Exeter.

In 1841, the only Samuel of the right sort of age that I have found so far is aged approximately 45, a prisoner on the Stirling Castle convict hulk in the registration district of Stoke Damerell, born out of county.
All inhabitants of Axbridge, Somerset.