Author Topic: 1851 Census please! Yarmouth  (Read 612 times)

Offline LeeHall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1851 Census please! Yarmouth
« on: Tuesday 01 February 05 12:36 GMT (UK) »
I'm being rather demanding in here at the moment :-[ but... If some kind person can do me a 1851 look up that would be great.

Looking for:THOMAS WILLIAM BOWLES b.Yarmouth, 1811 and his wife MARY ANN BOWLES, possibly known as SARAH b. abt 1813, Yarmouth. Thomas worked as a ropemaker.

In 1841 they were living Row 120. I should particularly like to know whether they had a child ISAAC WILLIAM b. 1841, living with them.

Also I'm really keen to find THOMAS WILLIAM's parents, as I said, he was born 1811 in Great Yarmouth and married at St Nicholas, 25th October, 1830 ( but that's according to the IGI)

Thank you!!
Lee

ADAMS, ALDRED, AYERS/AYRES,BAILEY,BOWLES,BROOKS,BURROWS/BURROUGHS/BORROWS, CANN,CAPPS,CATCHPOLE, EDMONDS/EDMUNDS,FISHER,GOSLING/GOSTLING, HALL, HOOK, LARKMAN, LEABON, MOORE, MOSS, MOULTON, PARK/PARKE, POWELL, SAUNDERS, SPURGEON, WORTLEY and growing...
Norfolk & Suffolk - particularly Yarmouth and Lowestoft, (some Essex, London, Liverpool, Durham)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Census please! Yarmouth
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 February 05 19:43 GMT (UK) »
St Peters Rd Yarmouth 1851
Thomas William 39 Rope Maker
Mary Ann           40
Edward              14
Sarah Ann          11  Scholar
Isaac                  9    ,,
Mary Ann            5    ,,
William                3    ,,

All born Yarmouth

Best wishes

Teddy
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline LeeHall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 February 05 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank you! That's great ...

Do you have any connection to the Burroughs/Burrows of Norwich?

Regards,

Lee
ADAMS, ALDRED, AYERS/AYRES,BAILEY,BOWLES,BROOKS,BURROWS/BURROUGHS/BORROWS, CANN,CAPPS,CATCHPOLE, EDMONDS/EDMUNDS,FISHER,GOSLING/GOSTLING, HALL, HOOK, LARKMAN, LEABON, MOORE, MOSS, MOULTON, PARK/PARKE, POWELL, SAUNDERS, SPURGEON, WORTLEY and growing...
Norfolk & Suffolk - particularly Yarmouth and Lowestoft, (some Essex, London, Liverpool, Durham)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 February 05 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have Burrows/Burroughs in the Mid-Norfolk area around Litcham, West Norfolk area of Bircham & King's Lynn, Eastern Norfolk in Yarmouth & Aldeby areas as well as North Suffolk in the Saints area.  I have no connection in Norwich itself as far as I am aware but I have been in correspondence with people who are connected with Norwich Burrows families in the past.

Please do get back to me and I will see if any of them tie in with your own research.

Teddy
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.