Author Topic: Looking to confirm/deny family story - Courtaulds Co. & the Warners  (Read 54903 times)

Offline Framesmiths1816

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Heathcote's Tiverton Mill 1836
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to confirm/deny family story - Courtaulds Co. & the Warners
« Reply #405 on: Friday 28 November 08 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi paulene,

Did you note that William and Frances also have a daughter in 1826 called Ann Tabbeson Walker? A coincidense? I wonder if Richard married his wife's sister? Maybe if her husband had also died? Her husband was John Soars possibly 1750 Loughborough. My guess is Tabbeson is someones bad memory, bad spelling or bad transcription.

ATB

Mark

Added : Mary appears is in C061332

Here's another coincidence (or is it?)

Richard Walker
 ANN ALLEN
  Marriage:  23 MAY 1798   All Saints, Derby, Derby, England.

Remember Luke Parkinson's first Wife?

I think it's coincidence
Derbyshire: - Registers of Marriages, 1558-1837a
 Marriages. 
  Derbyshire Parish Registers. Marriages at All Saints', Derby, 1558 to 1812. 
   Volume 4. 
County: Derbyshire 
Richard Walker, of Thornbury, co. Northants, & Ann Allen, lic. 23 May 1798 

Warner, Owen, Putt, Mynett, Wickwar, Norman, Wheeler, Gray, Cooke, Dewick, Holmes, Lawson, Granger, Queenan, Weston, Wesson, Brewin, Cartwright, Heathcote, Heathcoat, Felkin, Morley, Hallam, Wootton, Adkin, Shepshed, Loughborough, Leicester, Philadelphia, Ontario, Nottingham,

Offline willow154

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum - Such love
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: Friday 28 November 08 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark,
Yes, food for thought - this is when I wish I had a copy of NBI - still hopefully on present list for Christmas.
Would have to be a licence somewhere for remarriage, I would have thought.
I'll look into that now.
Bye for now,
Paulene :)

Offline willow154

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum - Such love
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: Thursday 15 January 09 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark,
Nothing new to report, but I thought you might find this bit of information interesting regarding Plumptre House:

From our files under William Richards there is an entry:  Secretary of Govt. School of Design, Beck Lane, Nottingham(1850) - advert. in the Nottingham Mercury.  Also Assistant Secretary to the Nottingham Photographic Society 1858 address: The Society's Rooms School of Art, Plumptre House.

This was included in information sent to me, by Bernard Heathcote, who wrote a book entitled 'Pioneers of Photography in Nottinghamshire 1841 - 1910'. (He has been helping me with regard to the copy of the daguerreotype we have been discussing recently on rootschat).

Take care,
Paulene :)