Author Topic: have you seen photobooks?  (Read 15933 times)

Offline brendam

• I am sorry my emails are no longer working.
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: have you seen photobooks?
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 15 November 08 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to Sara for this wonderful gift idea.  After seeing Sara's first post for this topic I went right to Jessop's site.  Unfortunately they are not set up to ship to Canada.  I did find a site on this side of the world (Heritage Makers).  I made a book for Dad for Christmas and it arrived in the mail yesterday.  I am so impressed by the quality.  My husband told me last night I will have the book worn out before I can give it to Dad, I can't stop looking at it.  ;D

I did download the software at Jessop's and it is very user friendly, this was before I thought to ask the question about shipping to Canada.  Heritage Makers is also extremely easy to use.
I'm off now to continue working on my next books - christmas gifts are easy this year!

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 15 November 08 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brendam,

I'm in Canada too, the book that you did is it just like the one Sara did through Jessops?  I figured they wouldn't ship to Canada, but then I thought maybe I could have it sent to my friend in the UK, who would then ship it to me if worse came to worse.

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline brendam

• I am sorry my emails are no longer working.
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 15 November 08 17:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

The book looks to be the same as Sara's book.  It is hardcover with glossy finish and nice glossy pages inside.  I am going to send you a PM.

Brenda

Offline *sara*

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 16 November 08 19:43 GMT (UK) »
I still look at mine all the time!!

Is anyone else going to put a photo on so we can see? ;D

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 18 November 08 10:39 GMT (UK) »
i'm still editing mine before sending it off  ;D
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 18 November 08 10:57 GMT (UK) »
This really looks great something worth having

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 18 November 08 11:57 GMT (UK) »
The piccis look FAB !

Am so close to ordering one.....

Daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline MrsLizzy

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 19 November 08 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Excellent idea for a Christmas gift.  My mum would love this - if only we'd managed to trace her paternal line further than her grandparents!
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley

Offline mitchell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 05 December 08 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Sara,
I just got mine back yesterday, it's ready for my mum's 80th birthday next week. Thank you so much for telling us about this... I had so much fun making it that I'm going to start one for the family tree next  ;D
I have to add my grateful thanks to Rog for the front cover picture and all of the other wonderful people on the Restoration Board for their terrific help in restoring loads of the photos for the book  ;D

Elaine
Mitchell, Turner, Henderson, Archibald, Smith, Walker, Burgess, Alexander, Margetts, Joss - Aberdeenshire
Proctor, Morrison, Henderson, Burgess, McWilliam, Green, Grant, Young, Dey, Allan - Banffshire
Proctor, Logie, Grant - Moray
McRae - Ross & Cromarty and Invernesshire
Clunie, Philp - Fife

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk