Author Topic: inglis family  (Read 6876 times)

Offline LemonMallie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: inglis family
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 November 08 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Sure, but I won't be able to get back to the library until later this week.

Lynwen
Malandain/Mallandain/Mallandaine/Malllindine - anywhere and everywhere
Corson/Causon - Gloucestershire
Nicholas - Pembrokeshire
Clark - Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire

Offline aileen f

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 November 08 10:36 GMT (UK) »
No hurry. Thanking you again.
Aileen F

Offline LemonMallie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 November 08 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Aileen,

Here are the details from the last registrations you requested:

Adam Inglis and Eva Turley Townsend Marriage
Adam - occupation tobacconist, bachelor, Protestant, 33yrs old, residence 1155 Granville Street, born Aberdeenshire, father Charles Inglis, mother Elizabeth Mann, both born Scotland.  Groom could read and write
Eva - occupation dressmaker, spinster, 34yrs old, Presbyterian, residence 1904 Commercial Drive, born Burnie, Tasmania, father William Henry Townsend, mother Catherine Spuiks.  Bride could read and write.

They were married at 6464 Chester Street, Vancouver.  It looks like the residence of the Presbyterian minister, A.D. Archibald.  Witnesses were James Thomas Williams and Edith Archibald.

Eva - death
Died at Peace Arch Hospital, in the city 18yrs, in BC 44yrs, in Canada 44yrs, residence 14638 Bellevue Crescent White Rock, born Australia 6 Nov 1887, husband Adam Inglis, father William Townsend, mother Catherine Spicks, both parents born Australia, husband was the informant, died of a cerebral hemorrhage, cremated.

Adam - death
Died at Peace Arch Hospital, residence 14638 Bellevue Crescent White Rock, widow, wife Eva Turley Townsend, occupation Mgr Moving & Storage Company, born Aberdeen 12 Jun 1888, father Charles Inglis, mother Elizabeth Mann, both born Scotland, informant was his wife's niece, died of bronchial pneumonia and was cremated.

Regards,
Lynwen
Malandain/Mallandain/Mallandaine/Malllindine - anywhere and everywhere
Corson/Causon - Gloucestershire
Nicholas - Pembrokeshire
Clark - Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire

Offline aileen f

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 10 November 08 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the information Lynwen. A great help. Now I can see if I can trace Eva's parents.
Aileen

Offline Inglis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 August 11 02:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Aileen,
I think I have the information you are looking for. William and Georgina were my Great Grandparents. They did have a daughter Effie  who did have 3 children with Jim Simsor, two daughters and a son.William and Georgina also had a son years later after William returned from the War in the early 20's named William Henry Inglis, he is my Grandfather. William Henry had 4 children, two boys then two girls, the oldest of which is my Father William Inglis. They did live in Hedley B.C and were neighbours of my Mother's family there, and that is how my parents met.I have often wondered about their family back in Scotland and was so happy to read your post. I was only a year old when Georgina died, but my Father was very close with her. My younger brother is also named William Inglis at her request as my mother was pregnant with him at the time of Georgina's death. One of my children's middle names is Geary after her as well. I hope this helps, and I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have, I would love to know if you are related to either of them and,or  if you have any information about their siblings. Take Care, and Thankyou so much for starting this post.

Offline Inglis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 06 August 11 02:34 BST (UK) »
Adam was William's brother, he and Eve did not have children. My father remembers them visiting his childhood  house in Surrey, B.C. often ,always with a case of Coca Cola for the kids. They lived in Vancouver and then Whiterock.William and Georgina lived in a house next to their son William's house in Surrey, I believe William built both homes himself.

Offline Inglis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 06 August 11 02:40 BST (UK) »
William and Georgina moved to Hedley later in life, they are  buried side by side in the Hedley cemetary. Hope this helps.