Author Topic: 1841 look up request thomas  (Read 876 times)

Offline egyptian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841 look up request thomas
« on: Tuesday 01 February 05 14:31 GMT (UK) »
is any kind enough to look up thomas thomas born 1831 oystermouth swansea do believe was born on the mumbles lighthouse,father was john thomas married to Ann ,thomas`s siblings were Jane,David,William,Marianne,Martha & Walter
  thanks Egyptian :)
holborow ,gee, richards, thomas, allridge, hollingworth, clements, beard,williams,beard,green,

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 look up request thomas
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 February 05 19:39 GMT (UK) »
I have had a look for you and found 105 matches to the name around that birthyear. When I have some more time later I will have another look for you to see if I can narrow the search down.

;)

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 look up request thomas
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 February 05 02:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I Hope you don't mind  me answering this ( Most of my husband's tree come from the Mumbles/Oystermouth area so I spend a lot a time researching that area) ,this maybe them ?:

Piece 1424/23  folio 009 schedule  051

Address Mumbles Village:

John Thomas, Occupation Mariner age 50 (c1791) from this county - yes

Ann Thomas age 50 (c1791) , from this county - yes

Thomas Thomas age 10 from this county - yes

I also answered this  back in sept 04 and posted the details , I don't know if you have seen it as my post is one but last in that thread, and you haven't replied to the two last posts in your old  thread regarding your families you are researching, so  you probably haven't seen them.
 It's under your thread  "name interests in Swansea" (also posted you a few links which may or may not be of any help to you in your old thread :)

The thread below:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2588b655e9b8a49b58e3033285d986fd&topic=12193.msg40959#msg40959
  extract (below)from  my old post in the above thread replying to your request about this family (*note the births from the  old extract  below, I've noticed I've originally typed in  the wrong dates for the parents of the above family, typing too fast  :))

"There is a John thomas in the 1841 census c1781 , occupation  Mariner,  oystermouth, Ann C1871 and Thomas c1831 ( which matches the   son Thomas's age  that you've given)  in one household  ( the other children could have left home by 1841) a lot of those lighthouse keepers were mariners before and after. No address sorry,  it just says  Mumbles village

There are not lot of people with the surname  Thomas in Mumbles village  in the 1841 census ( 26 people in total that I found with my search )

There is a Martha thomas who is a servant age 15 ( working at another house)  c1826( which seems to match your Martha's  age . There is only one Martha Thomas in Mumbles in 41. There is also  William c 1816 and this william's , occupation  is also mariner. He is living with a  Mary Thomas ,  occupation housekeeper c1776 . It dosen't say the relationship in the household, so there is no way to tell if this is his mother or his Aunt )

Marianne , Walter and Jane Thomas   I can't find  those names in Mumbles in 41 ,the girls may be there somewhere under their new married name. The rest of the boys  "David' may have moved out of Mumbles , or maybe  out at sea on census night, or even died

Could be yours, may not be either. But the ages seem to be matching up. So it may give you something to check up on.

It may also be worth  you doing a search in  google with the  persons name , and  the word Oystermouth or Mumbles, it can bring up some results that may be relevant to the family you are looking for.

Hope that is of some help to you."

I also posted you a few links in your old thread which may or may not be of some help to you

Best wishes :)
Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u