Author Topic: searches after first day of the posting  (Read 2207 times)

Offline needtoknow

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
searches after first day of the posting
« on: Saturday 18 October 08 04:57 BST (UK) »
I have posted a few queries.  How do I know if anyone is doing any research?
How do I check my posts?
If someone has answered one query of several {e.g. finding one member of a family}  how do I modify the posting to take off the list, the one that has been answered?
How long does a posting stay on this site?
I am very grateful for any help I receive because I live in North America and doubt I will ever be able to afford a trip to the UK.

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: searches after first day of the posting
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 October 08 07:21 BST (UK) »
Hi need to know, 

If you get an answer to any of your posts,  you will get a notification,  via the email address that you used when you signed up.

As far as i know you cant remove your posts,  but if they are completed you can modify the heading of your post to included "COMPLETED"

And as for know if any one is looking,  well you dont really,  until they post the findings or ask more questions.

Daizi

Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 October 08 07:38 BST (UK) »
Hi needtoknow,

A Big Welcome to RootsChat,  ;D

To find links to threads which will answer all of your questions about RootsChat please see

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,207046.0.html

All the best in your research

Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 October 08 07:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Needtoknow

If you click on your name (to the left of any of your posts), this will take you to your profile where you can access (at the bottom)
Show the last posts of this RootsChatter.
hence all your posts.

If we click on
9   Occupation & One Name Interest / World War One / Herbert Hainsworth Sharp--Prisoner of War?  

(but just click on the title "Herbert Hainsworth Sharp--Prisoner of War?" - clicking on Occupation & One Name Interest or World War One will take you to that particular board rather than an individual topic) you will be directed to that topic where, at the top of the topic, you will see
Author  Topic: Herbert Hainsworth Sharp--Prisoner of War?  (Read 66 times)

I presume the 66 views haven't all been by yourself so I would guess that people have been looking but can't find anything much as yet ;)

At the top right hand corner of every Rootschat page, there is a
Show new replies to your posts.
button which you can check every time you log in to ensure that you haven't missed any replies to any topic that you have contributed too.

Have just seen the other two replies but will post anyway in case it is useful ;)

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk