Author Topic: Light House men in Cornwell  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Thamesite2017

• I have turned off all email notifications
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Light House men in Cornwell
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hi
Have you looked at the different trees at World connect and seen if any have them combined?
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=beaton01&id=I8105
Bye
Althea

Offline sabrina

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 October 08 12:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you Althea.  I will try to contact the person doing the same tree.

sabrina

Offline Janette Hannan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 August 16 02:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Sabrina,

I think your theory that Giles and Jesse TREMBATH are the same person has merit.  I live in Australia and am a descendant of Ann Trembath bn 1800 at St Just in Penwith.  There are 2 couples who are likely candidates as parents for Ann:
(1) Ann Airs and Giles/Jesse Trembath
(2) Elizabeth Mathews and Emanuel Trembath.
Both couples had a daughter Ann baptised in 1800.
I'm also wondering whether perhaps Giles/Jess and Emanuel are brothers?  Given that both have Hebrew names (Emanuel and Jesse) and born abut 1773 and 1772 respectively. Thinking baptismal records may not be available if the sons are baptised in a Methodist chapel and either not recorded or not kept!
Did your Eliza marry William Thomas and sadly pass away in 1848 after her arrival in South Australia?
My Ann married Joseph Hocking and they migrated to Australia with their 9 children also in 1848.  Younger sister Jane Trembath who married Mark Hocking also migrated in 1847 (and also brother William Trembath).
Not sure if my Ann belongs to your family but thought I would share my opinion, even though it is 8 years since your post. Regards Janette