Author Topic: Mary Ann Riddle Completed  (Read 5669 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Riddle
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 20:51 BST (UK) »
I can not believe I have found my family because thats what you are,I was very close to my grandad,and he always called me half pint,I knew more about his past than anyone in the family you could say I was the nosey one always asking questions and driving my family mad,mum says now it was a blessing as it led me on to doing my family tree,one day I hope we meet up,may even have to take my mum to London she has never been,you to can apply for your mums details at Barnardos,my grandad lived in Whittington in Lancashire,I went there last year and met a school friend of his,he remembered no one could understand a word he said, he was broad geordie in Lancashire,what a mix,he worked from a early age,tried to find a connection between the people he was with and his family but I dont think there was,he was small in height, ruddy complexion ,blond hair and blue eyes,and chubby may not have been when he was young but it doesnt matter we have no photos of him as a young person,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline hoopersct

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 22 October 08 10:25 BST (UK) »
We are pleased too and we are glad you asked lots of questions!Your descriptions give us a lovely picture of your grandad.It's obvious you loved him very much.As he worked from an early age too it must have been in their genes. Mum was very beautiful and quite small. I have one photo of her probably in her twenties but my sister has more so I will try to sort something out.I am sure my sister would want to meet up too.She will be able to tell you more about our mum as she was older when Mum died and remembers conversations she had with her. I am not sure when I am allowed to send personal messages etc but when we can we will swap email addresses and arrange something.My elderly father inlaw was a geordie we have just lost him sadly otherwise I could quiz him about the area.Never mind we are now in touch and we hopefully will piece together what happened. Take care

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 22 October 08 10:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Alison,my brothers daughter has just bought her first house in Cullecoats,I gave her the address and she went to look for it the cottages have been knocked down, but the street is still there,she sent me a book about the area,it is beside the sea,very pretty,not what I expected,the name John Riddle keeps coming back to me,I dont know if he was a uncle or cousin,so I may go down that line now and see if I can find his family connection,at some time the family must have disscussed Annie and her children,Barnardos records may even throw up a fathers name,thinking last night about what grandad said to me,when his mum took them away from the old fella thats what grandad called his dad,his mum got ill,he tried to look after Mary,he remembered washing her face,he said she used to look like an angel,then some people came to the house and suggested Annie put them into the childrens home till she came out of hospital,my aunt says she remembers him mentioning someone called Barbara,I would prefer to take this research further,and we will stay in touch,Gillian
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 22 October 08 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hoopersct- you should be able to send/rec. personal messages now. Just click on green scroll under Radcliff's name on one of the posts and type your message on the box that comes up then send. No one else will see that message so you can safely exchange email addresses.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou to everyone who has helped with the research on the subject of Mary Ann Riddle,she never went abroad after all, but was here in England,I have been in touch with her daughter thanks to Rootsweb,I hope one day to help others as they have done for me ,best wishes to you all Gillian