Author Topic: ALBERT LOVERIDGE 1900-1988 Deptford  (Read 17818 times)

Offline littleacornz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ALBERT LOVERIDGE 1900-1988 Deptford
« on: Tuesday 21 October 08 19:00 BST (UK) »
I am looking for my husbands family members.
Albert Loveridge was his grandfather, he was given a date of birth as 1 January 1900 by a court to enable them to establish when he would be due to draw pension, is what we have been told.
He married Ethel Mary Ellingford-Baxter on 25 December 1924,at St Pauls Church Deptford, Albert  marriage cert has his age as 22.  Named on the cert is Alberts father, Thomas Loveridge and Annie Clara Banks is a witness.
The address for both bride and groom are given as Hales Street, Deptford.  Although we do believe that the couple did not live in a house until after their first child was born.
If anyone knows anything about this family i would be very pleased to hear from you, i have spent two years and only got as far as the marriage certificate (which i did in the first two weeks) since then i have come to a complete halt.
Thanks for any help you may give in advance.

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Loveridge 1900-1988
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 19:20 BST (UK) »
1901 census
RG13/527 folio 70 page 15
52 Hale St, Deptford
Thomas Loveridge 40 street hawker own acount born Deptford
wife Elizabeth 48 street hawker own account born Croydon, Surrey
children (all born Deptford)
Thomas 18 street hawker own account
Henry 4
Edith 8

Was Albert another son of Thomas & Elizabeth? Elizabeth was already 48  :-\
Or
did the younger Thomas marry and have Albert?

In either case he would be younger than the court decided  :-\
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 19:32 BST (UK) »
It says that Henry, aged 4, is married.  :o
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE

Offline littleacornz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 19:45 BST (UK) »
Hello Bearkat
That was sooo quick, how on earth did you find that!  I will have a look at the 1901 census again, i have spent so much time looking up the name Loveridge, i was just about to give up - a new lease of life!
We were under the impression that this was a traveling family that only settled down into a house in the 30's.
I will have to look at my family tree to see where these people fit in but it seems like too much of a coincidence that there is another Loveridge on Hales Street Deptford. 
I have tried every combination of Loveridge on census, marriage, birth, death certs.  I think i can remember looking up a house i used to live in in Kent one time, maybe that is the route i should have taken and checked out the neighbours on Hales Street.
Thanks again, i do hope that these are "my" people.
 :D :D :D :D

Online cath151

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Another Loveridge family living at 50 Hales Street same census, page before , next to a family named Banks (no Annie though).
Cathy
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline littleacornz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 20:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Cathy

Don't want to sound like Victor Meldrew here but - I don't believe it!  They are coming out of the woodwork.  Always thought those celeb-type people on Who do you think you are, were a bit spoiled someone else doing all the exciting work for them, just to show up and be shown their family!  Well, i will have to rethink that one now.
Can't thank you enough, dont know what i am doing wrong with my research.  I thought i was so organised.
 ;)
PS  I would imagine you have found at least another household by the time i post this back to you.

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 20:06 BST (UK) »
Looks as if Benjamin BANKS married Mary Ann LOVERIDGE Jun quarter of 1897 at St Saviour, Southwark.

In 1901 they have a son called Albert aged 10months.

Could this be your Albert. ???
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE

Offline littleacornz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 20:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks Bearkat
Will look at that tomorrow as well, it is quite late here, we are in the middle east, so will be going offline any minute now, but can't wait to get up in the morning and put all this names, dates, references into my family tree.  That is, of course, once i have checked them all out.
The internet is a bit slow here, but i never realised just how slow; what takes months in the middle east takes a couple of hours out in the real world.
I shall let you know if these people fit into my tree, once I have a few things in place, i can ask my mother in law if she knows anything about it.  She doesnt use the internet so its a little difficult from here.
 :o

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 22:27 BST (UK) »
The 1911 cesus will useful for solving this one.
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE