Author Topic: McBay/McBey Family Line  (Read 11245 times)

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McBay/McBey Family Line
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 October 08 14:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Thanks for coming back to me it is much appreciated,Thomas,Martha and Johanna were born in Co.Durham. It looks like I will have to accept that I will not be able to find John's birth record in the OPR and accept the birth date given on his Merchant Seaman Ticket,all I have to do now is find where and when he and his father died and did they both die at sea on the same ship between 1861/1871.
Once again many thanks for your help.
Regards
Kincardine/Northumberland/Co.Durham/London/Middlesex,Surrey,Tipperary Ireland.Scotland.England.
McBay/McBey,Ritchie,Blues/Blews/Blewes, Davidson,Campbell,Clark,Craig,Criggie,Douglas,Duncan,Dutch,Wyllie,Howard,Farrelly,Finch,Fogarty,Forbes,Freeman, Gibb,Geddes,Gove,Hampton,Jolly, Mackie,Masson,
McKenzie,Mearns,Milne,Mowatt,Mulvany,Nicol,O'Connor,Paton,Pert,Rae,Reid,Robertson,Ross,Scott,Sheret,Simpson,Slater,Smith,Souter, Stephen(s),Stevenson,Stewart,Sutherland,Taylor,Thomson,Webster,Wilson

Offline john_st

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McBay/McBey Family Line
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 October 08 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Nice to meet another with Mcbays in their family tree. Alexander and Christian are my 5xGG, my line is through their son Alexander.  Have quite a few registrations of the McBays if you are interested

Regards
John

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McBay/McBey Family Line COMPLETED
« Reply #11 on: Friday 31 October 08 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Thank you for replying,yes I am very interested.Alexander/Christian are my 4x Grt.Grandparents and my line is through their son Thomas b.1811,Miltonhaven,St.Cyrus,Kinc/Martha Davidson,they had four children all believed to have been born in Johnshaven.I am not very experienced with using rootschat so bear with me if I get things wrong. I will be very happy to share all my research on my line with you.Can you advise me how best to do this,as I am not very IT literate.I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Kincardine/Northumberland/Co.Durham/London/Middlesex,Surrey,Tipperary Ireland.Scotland.England.
McBay/McBey,Ritchie,Blues/Blews/Blewes, Davidson,Campbell,Clark,Craig,Criggie,Douglas,Duncan,Dutch,Wyllie,Howard,Farrelly,Finch,Fogarty,Forbes,Freeman, Gibb,Geddes,Gove,Hampton,Jolly, Mackie,Masson,
McKenzie,Mearns,Milne,Mowatt,Mulvany,Nicol,O'Connor,Paton,Pert,Rae,Reid,Robertson,Ross,Scott,Sheret,Simpson,Slater,Smith,Souter, Stephen(s),Stevenson,Stewart,Sutherland,Taylor,Thomson,Webster,Wilson