Author Topic: Fagan genealogy in Rathgarve parish  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Fagan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fagan genealogy in Rathgarve parish
« on: Saturday 25 October 08 06:17 BST (UK) »
I just started using this site and hope to learn more about my great great grandfather LUKE FAGAN, born 1824, farmed in Caslanakirka townland.  I would like to get a birth/baptism certificate. I've already checked some of the folks listed here and have found some useful sites already.. I'll keep checking out the postings.  The Fagans who farmed there were John, James, James Jr., and another Luke.  I don't have any female names yet....nor what Catholic church they belonged to. The Fagans were in sections 2, 3, 4, and 10 from the Griffiths Valuations maps and descriptions.   Luke came to the USA in 1848 ..married Sarah Richards in New York..came to Warren county, Linn township, Iowa.  I've been on the farm as of last year and again this year...they had 12 children.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Fagan genealogy in Rathgarve parish
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 August 09 17:27 BST (UK) »
there are some Luke Fagan baptism records for Co. Westmeath around 1824 included on the website of the Irish Family History Foundation website at www.irish-roots.ie. It's a pay-site and the transcripts cost €5 each. They have a list of the Westmeath parishes they include on the website.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline ande1480

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fagan genealogy in Rathgarve parish
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 February 10 19:23 GMT (UK) »
I am also researching Luke Fagan (and his wife Sarah Richards). He is my great to the 4th grandfather. One of his daughters, Katherine Magdaline Fagan Jacob was my grandmothers grandmother. I would like to compare information and see if there is anything we can learn to fill in gaps from each other's research. My grandmother only provided some information and we are trying to learn more.