Author Topic: RAWLINS/RAYLANDS/SPRUD Congresbury  (Read 1528 times)

Offline DebbieDee

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Hepzibah Annie Burge 1887-1969
    • View Profile
RAWLINS/RAYLANDS/SPRUD Congresbury
« on: Monday 27 October 08 11:50 GMT (UK) »
My 4x great grandmother was baptised in Congresbury as Christian RAYLANDS in 1791 the daughter of John and Ann.  Her brother John was baptised in 1793 and probably buried the following year. 
I have looked for a marriage for Christian's parents and found a possible one in nearby Wrington.  John RAWLINS of Congresbury married Ann SPRUD of Wrington in 1790. 
I have also found burials in Congresbury of John RAWLINS in 1825 aged 70 and Ann RAWLINS in 1856 aged 87.  This would give their births as c1755 and c1769 respectively. 

I have looked for an Ann RAWLINS in 1841 & 1851 and have found the following:

1851 Congresbury
Ann RAWLINS aged 82, a widow, lodger with John and Elizabeth MARSH.
1841 Worle
Ann ROLLINGS aged 70 born Somerset.  Under occupation it states inmate
Ann has a Samuel ROLLINGS aged 13 (also inmate) living with her.  The reason I believe this could be 'my' Ann is that they are living in the same building (but separate household) as Christian CURRY who is definitely my 4xgt grandmother!

So does this look alright or have I made too many guesses?  I can't get back to the library to look at the PRs for a couple of weeks so want to work out what to look for in advance.  There is a John ROYLANCE marriage in Congresbury in 1758, wondering if connected?  There also seem to be a lot of SPRUDs and SPRODs in the area.  Really hoping they are mine  :)