Author Topic: Writing on Farmers Truck please  (Read 7585 times)

Offline That_Daft_Laddie

• RootsChat Member
  • Seriously not serious
    • View Profile
Re: Writing on Farmers Truck please
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 05 May 11 00:30 BST (UK) »

Do you think it could be "Cliftonville, Margate"?

Mike.

That would be my reckoning as well Mike, supported by ......

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=approach+Road+%09Cliftonville&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Gordon

Offline Andy Marsh

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello this is my 1st post on this site  The Truck in your photo belonged to my Great Grandpa R.J.Fasham dairyman Reg, my mother will be with me for Christmas and she can remember the truck and lots of other information, My grandma was born Cynthia Winefred Fasham and married Jarvis Charles Ovenden,  my mother was born Marian Cynthia ovenden and the family farm was Fleet farm vincent road Manston Kent, England. My mother thinks the shop is in Saint peters Thanet Kent, My uncle, Douglas Raymond ovenden directed me to this site saying you had a Photo of my Grandma Cynthia taken with her parents, My Auntie: Born  Valerie Winifred ovenden has the same photo, i hope i can fill in some gaps when my mother arrives to visit we will be in touch 

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andy and welcome to Rootschat...be careful not to name people who are still living...When you have made 3 posts you can send a PM  ( Personal message)to Pilgarlic by clicking onto the icon underneath his name to exchange details.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Foad Family Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi There
I have recently posted many picture of E T Fasham's shop in Garlinge that may interest you.
They are within this album
Regards
Suzannah

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.485644281470801.99797.192776400757592&type=3
FOAD, All
PETTMAN - All
CONACHY, All
BUNNY - All
BRIDGLAND, CHAPMAN, Hawkshurst, Goudhurst & Cranbrook)
MORLEY, GIBBS, Sussex, Clapham, Wandsworth, Streatham
KNIGHT, KEMP, ROYLE, RIDGWAY, Salford, Leeds
MORFEY, FIELD - Rye and Ramsgate
PHILPOTT, GOODWIN, Herne, Whitstable & Blean
Interested in ALL Margate & Whitstable, Kent surnames.

Offline Pilgarlic

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 12 December 13 08:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello Andy

Thank you for the information you have provided.

My grandad's name was George Richard Sturges born 1912 at Garlinge. He lived at the children's home at Manston which is where Fleet Farm was.

Perhaps your family might recognize his name seeing as he was a friend of R J Fasham or another member of your family as stated on the back of the photo.

Pilgarlic