Author Topic: Alexander & Sarah Morrow  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Keeweegal

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Alexander & Sarah Morrow
« on: Friday 31 October 08 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi all  :D

This is a long shot...I am trying to find any information at all on the above ancestors,  Alexander Morrow ( I think) was born abt 1825 place unknown and his wife Sarah Curry.   The only link I have to Co Cavan is that their daughter Jane Morrow was born there in 1847.     Jane shipped herself to New Zealand in the 1870's (I think...with a sister Mary Morrow).

I am unable to track a marriage for Alexander & Sarah via IGI or the like,  perhaps anybody knows of a website or resources with which I could make contact with to obtain a birth cert for Jane.   

If these names are familiar with any reader,  perhaps they could contact me.   

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.  ;)

Thanks

Kimberly

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander & Sarah Morrow
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 October 08 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Civil registration of births in Ireland started in 1864 so there will be no birth certificate for Jane (b.1847).

Next problem is that civil registration of Catholic marriages in Ireland began (1864) so if Alexander and Sarah were married in a Catholic church there will be no marriage certificate.
If they weren't Catholic- civil registration of non-Catholic marriages began 1845. As Jane was born in or around 1847 it's quite possible that her parents were married before 1845  and if so will not be a marriage certificate.

For earlier church records, if they exist, you need to know their religion and where they lived (parish if not actual townland).

You did mention that Jane Morrow had a sister Mary. Have you tried tracing information on her in case there are any clues in her records or from descendants?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Keeweegal

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander & Sarah Morrow
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 October 08 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi ya aghadowey ;D

Thanks for the prompt reply.....I was fearing that the replies I would get might be as you say.     :'(

Unfortunately,  I cannot locate her sister other than a passenger shipping list...once she stood on New Zealand soil,  all is lost.    Oh well....at least I know they didn't move around Great Britain,  as their names don't appear there either.    Thanks for the message though.   ;D

Much appreciated.

Kimberly  :D