Author Topic: Gillooly/Morgans in Ballymoe  (Read 2211 times)

Offline doylefamilyusa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Gillooly/Morgans in Ballymoe
« on: Sunday 02 November 08 04:44 GMT (UK) »
Just beginning my family search on my mother's side of the family -- the Gillooly family and the Morgans from Ballymoe, Co. Galway.  Grandad was James Gillooly and Grandma was Delia Morgan.  Their son Thomas (Tom and his wife Kathleen are still living there with their son Michael.

Thanks for your help!

James
Doyle, McDonnell, Burgess, Gillooly, Morgan

Online aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gillooly/Morgans in Ballymoe
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 November 08 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Details of living people shouldn't be posted here but it sounds as though you are in contact with your living relatives. Are you trying to trace the family further back? Let us know what information you already have searched for and exactly what you are looking for.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Notinpastyet

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 November 08 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello James & welcome,I have notice that there is a Edmund Gillooly list in Griffith's Valuation under the parish of Kilcroan just wondered if he maybe of any link to your family history,regards Nipy

Offline Notinpastyet

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 November 08 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi James back again,had a look at familysearch LDS site,there is a Daniel Morgan B.1890 dep for N/York ship Baltic & Bridget B.1893 dep N/York ship Umbria both came from Glenamaddy (not far from Ballymoe any connection I wonder.)Also on same site John Gillooly & Mary Kean were parents to a large family,Peter Gillooly & Honor Dowd were parents to Martin (check them out James.) Seen the names of John & Marys children I looked to see what the IFHF  had for that area of Co Galway  they have 17 births listed between 1827 -1888 - 12 of these are list under Williamstown this I think maybe near Ballymoe also I found John Gillooly born 1881 under Glinsk and Peter Gillooly born 1890 Williamstown this may give you some thing to play with ,Good luck Nipy