Author Topic: 12th July and Orange Lodges - Help offered  (Read 73711 times)

Offline kalasira

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 12th July and Orange Lodges - Links
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 November 08 20:35 GMT (UK) »
I HOPE YOU GOT MY LAST MESSAGE I FOUND A PAPER CLIPPING AND IT MENTIONED THE WEST END CLUB SUPPORTER,S CLUB,AND THE FAMILY CIRCLE ,DON,T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY ARE.STILL TRYING TO FIND WHEN EDDIE DINSMORE DIED
THANKS JACQUIE.
iles,from kingswood bristol,gloucershire ,fudge,hawkins,crotty,powell,yates.,also kingswood,bristol.
fogg,from manchester,and hossock.from manchester.
dinsmore,devlin,larkin,patterson,McArthur,mahood,from belfast,antrim,.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 12th July and Orange Lodges - Links
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 November 08 21:02 GMT (UK) »
'Family circle' just refers to the wider family outside parents, siblings, children.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Lostlizzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 12th July and Orange Lodges - Help offered
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 November 08 06:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello fmni,
I would like to take up your kind offer also.   I'm afraid I do not have the LOL's  but have several family members who were in the Orange Order, they were
 G.Uncle William Majury  dob 9 Mar 1909 died 11 Jul 1993 lived in 17 Dublin St Belfast
G.G/father John Majury  dob 4 Jul c1865 died 9 Jan 1952 lived at 36 North Howard Street Belfast
Uncle Tom Weir dob 12 Feb 1927 died 3 Jun 1993 lived at 2 Silverstream Gardens Belfast
Any help will be greatly appreciated, rregards lostlizzie
If anyone would like to avail of my Orange Order knowledge don't hesitate to get in touch with me. I a member of the Institution in the County Antrim area but have been researching the Orange Order for quite a while now (and indeed was employed as a researcher by the Grand Lodge of Ireland for a short while in 2007)

I have a number of contacts in different parts of Ireland relating to the Orange Order and would be happy to explore your own family's 'Orange roots'...

I am currently working on an archive for my own District and Lodge so would be happy to help you guys out if I can.
Ulster: Sullivan, McMurtry, Campbell, McCullough, Majury,McAnally, Evans, Irvine

Offline fmni

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 November 08 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Lizzie, I have put a request in with another rootschatter who looks up Belfast Telegraph notices. If those family members you listed were still part of the Institution when they died, their own private lodge will have placed a death notice within the next couple of days regarding their Brother's death. Given that you're Great Uncle died on the 11th July as well, his death and events the following day in the lodge may still be fresh in the memory of any existing members.

The look-ups either way, should then give me the lodge number to work off regarding finding further information.
HILL - Ballinderry, Co. Antrim: BANKS - Moira, Co. Down: ARMOUR - Lisburn, Co.Antrim: WALKER - Dromore, Co. Down: MAGEE - Lambeg, Co. Antrim: THOMPSON - Derriaghy/Magheragall, Co. Antrim: TITTERINGTON - Moira, Co. Down: McNEILL - Lisburn, Co. Antrim: SWAIN - Moira, Co. Down: IRVINE - CLONES, Co. Monaghan: TURNBULL - Lurgan, Co. Armagh: CARLISLE - Lisburn, Co. Antrim: MORROW, Lisburn, Co. Antrim: FORSYTHE - Magheralave, Co. Antrim: MARTIN - Ballinderry, Co. Antrim: REILLY, Magheralin, Co. Down

Offline fmni

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 03 November 08 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Further to that, the guy (markinbelfast) has come back extremely quick with an answer...

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,335759.30.html

Unfortunately there are no death notices relating to their membership of the Orange Order - although he has mentioned that there are plenty of other clubs and societies in the death notices section for your relatives - perhaps a PM to him might help you with a little more information from what he remembers reading today about them as individuals.

As for the Orange links - not finding a death notice is somewhat of a brickwall - it may be worth asking some more living relatives to elaborate if possible.

I did post up names there of a living person who is probably connected, but just realised I can't. Are you related to the chairman of Dundela FC, based in East Belfast?
HILL - Ballinderry, Co. Antrim: BANKS - Moira, Co. Down: ARMOUR - Lisburn, Co.Antrim: WALKER - Dromore, Co. Down: MAGEE - Lambeg, Co. Antrim: THOMPSON - Derriaghy/Magheragall, Co. Antrim: TITTERINGTON - Moira, Co. Down: McNEILL - Lisburn, Co. Antrim: SWAIN - Moira, Co. Down: IRVINE - CLONES, Co. Monaghan: TURNBULL - Lurgan, Co. Armagh: CARLISLE - Lisburn, Co. Antrim: MORROW, Lisburn, Co. Antrim: FORSYTHE - Magheralave, Co. Antrim: MARTIN - Ballinderry, Co. Antrim: REILLY, Magheralin, Co. Down

Offline baza307

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 04 November 08 22:46 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for details of my G Grandfather , Matthew Cairns , who married a Mary Elizabeth Graham in Rasharkin around 1894 before coming to Scotland.
He was an Orangeman , but I don't know if he joined in Ulster or in Scotland.
Don't know if you can help , but thought I'd ask anyway.
All his stuff was passed onto my Mum's cousin(s) and we have lost contact with them
Sorry but that's all the info I can provide.

Offline kalasira

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 07 November 08 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fmni,
has anyone come up with any information about Edward Dinsmore,i did,nt have much to go on and hav,nt heard anything for awhile,
thanks Jacquie,
iles,from kingswood bristol,gloucershire ,fudge,hawkins,crotty,powell,yates.,also kingswood,bristol.

Offline fmni

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 07 November 08 22:01 GMT (UK) »
I'm afraid unless you have a lodge number or date he died I really have nothing to work off, sorry kalasira!

Offline kalasira

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 07 November 08 23:43 GMT (UK) »
I don,t have a lodge number but will try and find when he died,i have his birth day and address and all his family,but the one thing i need,but i will find it and get back to you.is there any thing else that you need what ever you can find i will be very gratefull, thanks alot Jacquie. :) :)