Author Topic: 1901 Census Knaresborough  (Read 1793 times)

Offline ec

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1901 Census Knaresborough
« on: Thursday 03 February 05 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I wonder if anyone can find Jane Elizabeth Bryant in Knaresborough 1901.  (I have tried the 1901 online site with no luck).  She is consistent on earlier census as born Knaresboro(ugh).  In 1891 she was living with her grandmother Jane Dobson, age 70 in Gracious Street, Knaresborough.  The grandmother had probably died by 1901, but I have not confirmed this.  Jane would be about 25 in 1901.  There were other Dobsons in the area she may be with.  I realise she could have married by age 25, but I can find no evidence of this so am trying to investigate all possibilities

Thanks

Offline Rowdy-Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census Knaresborough
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 February 05 23:43 GMT (UK) »
  There is only her birth listed for knaresborough  March quarter 1876  9a 99  I have found these marriages else where

Bryant, Jane Elizabeth 1896 June Marriages Portsea Island Hampshire
 Bryant, Jane Elizabeth 1900 September Marriages Shoreditch London Middlesex
 Bryant, Jane Elizabeth 1902 December Marriages Eton Buckinghamshire
  but without  buying them You would never know which if any is her
there are 21 dobsons living in Knaresborough in 1901 made up of 4 main families and a few strays but none of them have Jane with them

I would expect she has moved away, married or even died
Hope this sheds some light for you regards  Rowdy
Kitson, Aked, Thompson,Roberts Rowntree, Hewitt bfd & west yorks...... Clark(e) lancashire, Firth yorkshire

Offline ec

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 February 05 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for looking rowdy.  I think I have now come to the conslusion that she married under the name Dobson in 1893.  I found a Jane wife of James Wardman in 1901, by trawling all the Janes of the right age and they appear to have married in 1893, Knaresborough.  Since I can't find any other Jane Dobsons I think this must be the answer - given that she lived with her grandmother Jane Dobson virtually all her life, I wouldn't be surprised if she used the name Dobson.

Thanks again

Offline Sammy23

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 February 23 19:07 GMT (UK) »
I had a Jane Ann dobson and a Thomas Edward dobson marry in Knaresborough if that helps?