Author Topic: Death in South America - help me please!  (Read 8126 times)

Offline BrianEwen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death in South America - help me please!
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 11 January 24 20:39 GMT (UK) »
To Hazel Laird, and Flst

Was doing an online search on Margaret Stephen, and this thread popped up.

I know the thread is a few years old, but I was wondering if you were still looking for information on Margaret Stephen?

Thanks.
Brian

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 16 January 24 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to rootschat! Yes, this post is years old but I have not managed to find out what happened to Margaret's father! Any information you can add to this post will be appreciated. Are you connected to Margaret?
regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline BrianEwen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 16 January 24 21:38 GMT (UK) »
flst
Thanks for the reply.
The story is, that I have been helping my 87 year old stepmother setting up a family tree, and she pulled out a box of old photos so I could scan and add to the tree.
Also in this box is a photo album of Margaret Stephens, that are of her time at Leslie, Oyne, and Lonmay where my stepmother grew up.
My stepmother asked if I could look into Margaret Stephen, as to why she used to visit her family so much when she was growing up, was there a chance she was related to them?
I have found no proof of this at all, but of course I was able to pass on her marriage, death etc.
So, to answer your question, sorry no I can not add anything on her Father, apart from the gravestone photo in the album, and that he died "in S. America 09/10/11 aged 40.
But I do have quite a few photos of Margaret Stephen, including a few school photos (probably Oyne School) with names included, and no idea what to do with them really.
Regards
Brian