Author Topic: Lindop Family  (Read 6769 times)

Offline JL45

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lindop Family
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 16:47 BST (UK) »
Dear Trish

Thank you for your speedy reply and your information.

I have the Family Search references, but I am trying to establish which Sarah was Richard senior's wife.  I think she was Sutton, but I'm not sure.  I was hoping to find someone who was researching the same branch of the family and who had the actual parish register entry.  I have Richard junior's Reminiscences, but the introduction doesn't mention his mother's surname.

Jim Lindop

Lindop, Pierce, Peirce, Williams, Whiting, Pyne, Odell

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 06:21 BST (UK) »
Could he have Married twice to 2 Sarahs?
Hopefully someone connected to this Family or with access too Parish records may help in the future.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline JL45

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 17:31 BST (UK) »
Dear Trish

I am pretty sure that Richard married Sarah Sutton, but having made an erroneous link with another branch of the family, I want to be sure about this one.

I am hoping that someone out there will have the documentation.  If not, I'll contact the Cheshire archives in Chester.

Jim Lindop

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 June 11 12:46 BST (UK) »
There was a Lindop family who were millers at Wisatston Mill, Wistaston in the 1870s. It was either a Richard or William can't remember which listed in Kelly's Directory of Cheshire. Any connection?

Jay
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline JL45

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 June 11 15:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Jay

The Lindop from Wistaston  in 1871 was William, who is my ancestor through his son, Richard James.  Since I posted my first message, I have established that Richard Lindop's parents were Richard Lindop and Sarah Sutton, so this has been resolved.

I am always happy to hear from people who are related to this branch of the Lindop family, particularly if they have any photos, letters, documents or stories to share.

Thank you for contacting me.  Jim Lindop

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 21 June 11 15:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim

The mill is still there now but has since been converted into dwelling.  It's origins are very old and I have traced it back to the 1660s when it was owned by the Parker family who at the Wistaston Manor next door.  At the time your ancestor lived there it formed part of the Willaston Hall estate.

Jay
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"