Author Topic: My BRICK wall  (Read 11522 times)

Offline dolly dimples

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: My BRICK wall
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 09 November 08 23:20 GMT (UK) »
 Monica Thanks for sites to follow up on.. Re David Brack .. this looks like the only possible one that might be David H in 1871.. will follow up this too... Thanks. Dolly
  Andy... Yes I realize SP is working , but there is no email from them in my spam or anywhere in the post...Have checked that they are still in my contacts and it shows they are,   is there anything else I can check on .....
    what next!
                           My grareful thanks to you Andy & all  who rose to the challenge.. Dolly..
Northumberland. Main.Hertfordshire.Brash.Dryden
East Lothian.Brash. Dryden. Cumberland.Henderson.Joyce.
Plymouth.Charlick. Canada.Boulds.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 10 November 08 00:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dolly

Yes I realize SP is working , but there is no email from them in my spam or anywhere in the post...Have checked that they are still in my contacts and it shows they are,   is there anything else I can check on .....
    what next!

If Im right the problem is that the critical part of the email address is the part before the @ (at) sign. The part after the @(at) sign is simply the ISP address and which in this case is scotlandspeople.gov.uk.

In your contacts you would have for example abcd (at) xyz.co.uk. What you are letting in is abcd not all emails from ISP provider xyz  so perhaps if you set up a new contact called unmanned and in the box for email address put unmanned@scotlandspeople.gov.uk Once this is done, try the forgotten password link (using the username that you just registered with) and see what happens.

Let me know how you go, if this doesn't work you might need to post on the technical board to get this resolved.

Andy

Offline dolly dimples

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 10 November 08 17:50 GMT (UK) »
  Andy ,I did as you advised   (think I did it right)   But still did not get the email in from "umanned" either.  I seem to have had various other minor troubles since going broadband with BT,  I used to have  Incredimail  as my default mail, as well as Outlook Express.. but I let  BT Yahoo take over.. I still receive mail in Outlook as welll as BT,but am now thinking of changing back to Incredimail as I had no bother at all then !
    I may get on to Tech  help page, but--- also might just gave up with SP , it all gets too frustating for my poor old head  to deal with.... Can't thank you enough Andy for you support. Cheers Dolly

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 13 November 08 00:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dolly

But still did not get the email in from "umanned" either

Just wondering if this is atypo or not as it should be unmanned

Andy

Offline dolly dimples

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 13 November 08 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andy, yes, I'm sorry,  it was an errror on my part, but I have double checked my contacts and it is correct on there.
   Just to let you know too that I have posted on the Tech- board to which I am going now..  much obliged Dolly.

Offline dolly dimples

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 17 November 08 22:54 GMT (UK) »
  Hi Andy  YIPEE!... Wanted to let you know that  I have successfully got back into SP, I changed my Email page and straight away found the blocked addy in there ..I can't imagine where my blocked mail was on the previous mail, but with Gadgets help I got there in the end... so you were both right from the very  start..  In future I shall guard my password & details for SP like treasure.  I want to thank you for showing such patience and support.  This site is the best!   Regards Dolly 
  PS have ordered the will of Agnes Brash.. Can't wait to see if I get more info of David H.Brash.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 17 November 08 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Hurray Dolly, glad you got there  ;D Let us know if there is anything new on David H.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dolly dimples

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 17 November 08 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you  Monica,
 I'd also like to say that I greatly appreciated the help that you and also Piglet gave me in my quest, and I will certainly inform you of any info I find on David..
  SP said it takes up to 20 working days plus posting time to receive the goods ordered.. Dont think I can wait that long now!

Thank's again Dolly

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 19 November 08 00:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dolly

I'm glad you finally got there. It was starting to get rather puzzling.

SP said it takes up to 20 working days plus posting time to receive the goods ordered.. Dont think I can wait that long now

I haven't purchased a will for a while now but I actually downloaded it once my payment went through, have they changed?

Andy