Author Topic: My BRICK wall  (Read 11527 times)

Offline dolly dimples

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: My BRICK wall
« Reply #36 on: Friday 21 November 08 23:54 GMT (UK) »
  Well blow me Andy, I did not know I could download it ,seeing as I had ordered it to post out.. I have never ordered anything from SP before ,as I only ever bought  credits which I usually used  all in one go,as I never ever found anyone that I was searching for.. I am always a little nervous on it too as it seems rather complicated, so when I saw "transaction completed" I diden't know how quick to exit in case I did something to lose it all!!
  Anyway , I also ordered a death cert too for Davids sister, so I think I will stay off until my order arrives,  as I might be tempted to spend again!
I must admit to being a computer novice on the techy side, but with people like you on board... hey! I get there in the end..  so Andy in answer to your question, SP is probably still the same as before!  Cheers Dolly..
Northumberland. Main.Hertfordshire.Brash.Dryden
East Lothian.Brash. Dryden. Cumberland.Henderson.Joyce.
Plymouth.Charlick. Canada.Boulds.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 22 November 08 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dolly

Wills are separate from the BMDs etc in that you can't use credits, its a flat 5GDP (I think its to do with legislation) but can still be downloaded after transaction is completed. With historical BDMs & OPRs you can either use credits or order. For births post 1908 (i think) and deaths post 1958 (i think) you can only order.

If you log on to Scotlandspeople and go into My Details (the link is towards the top of the page) scroll down to the Image Viewer and select Direct Download from the drop down menu. Then scroll down a little further and select Update Details.

Because you have ordered I'm not sure if you can do this yet but could you go into Viewed Images and see if there is anything there.

Andy

Offline dolly dimples

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 22 November 08 18:13 GMT (UK) »
 For all of that Andy,  my thank's..
       Shall give it a go later. Dolly.

Offline dolly dimples

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 23 November 08 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Monica & Andy,
just to let you know I have been on SP and have viewed the will & inventry of Agnes Brash.. It is a little disappointing in that (as far as I can make out) David H Brash is barely mentioned, only that she wished her Grandson David Brash to carry on the business..  All the same it is very interesting and I now feel a great infinity with all of them. It seems I will have to wait for the posting to read the death cert of the sister Johan Magdalen Brash.. Am well satisfied now that I have succeeded in this saga.. All my thank's again. Dolly

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 23 November 08 21:39 GMT (UK) »
You have fought hard to find their histories Dolly, hats off to you  :-*

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk