Author Topic: Coady Naas  (Read 11753 times)

Offline normanharvey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Coady Naas
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 June 09 11:37 BST (UK) »
Hello Norman, are you aware of any Mangans from Naas. Main Street or Rathasker Road? see my previous posts.
I HAVE HEARD THE NAME BUT I COULD ASK M DA, WHAT INFORMATION ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IS IT YOUR FAMILY? NAAS IS A SMALL TOWN SO EVERYONE KNOWS EVERYONE

Offline KJP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 June 09 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hello again, I am looking for any info on Mangans in Naas since early 1900's, my Grandmother's Family were from there and on the 1901 Irish Census are shown to be living in Rathasker Road, they were My Great Grandfather Christopher Mangan, Wife Mary nee Tierney, sons John and Christopher and Daughters Bridgit, Agnes and my Grandmother Josephine. I know that my Great Grandfathers Father was a John Mangan who married a Bridgit Murphy and they lived in Main Street Naas, my Great Grandfather had three siblings that I know of Robert, James and Mary, my Great Grandfather and his Family came across to England some time between 1901 and 1911 as they are shown on the English 1911 Census as living in Birtley Co Durham. I am looking for Mangans in Naas from that time and up to the present day that may be decendants of my Great Grandfather's siblings Robert and James and any info on the other sibling Mary, I am not a Mangan but my Grandmother Josephine was, also my Great Great Grandfather John Mangan's Father I think was a William Mangan who is shown on the Griffiths Valuation as living at Main Street Naas but I have not confirmed that yet. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Naas Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 21:12 BST (UK) »
Hi
Looking for any information on the coady's from rathasker road in naas.
Also can anyone tell me where i can get census records for naas????
Thanks x
Hi Liz
My father is a Michael Coady from Rathasker Road his father was Michael and his grandfather James. Still lots of us around Naas too many to mention.
Coady, Vivash

Offline Naas Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 03 September 09 11:25 BST (UK) »
 :)Hi Liz,
Sorry I can't pm haven't used this enough. I think we are related the Michael aged 14 was my grandfather who has passed on. James or Jim as we call him is still alive and well living in Naas. My gandfather had six children who are all alive and living in Naas. Maggie aged 3 has also passed on but some of her family still live in Naas only found out two weeks ago we were related. My email address is (*) if you want to contact me I can put you in contact with the rest of the family. Thanks Michelle

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Coady, Vivash

Offline Hucksterhawk

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 15 October 09 19:37 BST (UK) »
KJP,

Hi, My Mam (Margaret) is one of the daughters of Agnes and Aaron Kelly.

I would be pleased to provide any information that i can.

Kind Regards...

Offline KJP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Mangans
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 31 October 09 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hucksterhawk, sent this personal message below yesterday but not sure if you recieved it.

Hi, apologies for not replying until now but I have just noticed your post, normally I recieve a mail from rootschat to say there has been a reply to my posts but unfortunately on this occasion I did not. Your Mam rang me and left a message Thursday 29/10 but I was away in London and did not pick it up until Thursday night so did not want to ring her late at night, however I did ring today 30/10 and had a good chat about the Mangans with your Mam and was delighted to find out that your Mam has photos of my Grandmother Josephine Mangan, Grandfather William Punshon, Great Grandfather Christopher and Grandmother Mary Mangan, her Uncles John Joseph and Christopher Mangan, your Mam mentioned that she would get me some photos done of the family and it is still sinking in that there are photos available, I never knew my Grandmother Josephine and Grandfather William as they died long before I was born so have never had much information on them and any photos so please pass on my thanks to your Mam, she is going to ring me in a few days time to arrange something and I would be delighted to meet her and be able to chat further, I also have some census info on where the family lived in Naas Kildare and also when they were in England in 1911 and also have the records on your Mams Uncle John Joseph(known as Uncle Jack your Mam said) when he was in the Royal Marines during the First World War and through until 1939.

Regards Kevin

Offline KJP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 01 November 09 16:05 GMT (UK) »
Hucksterhawk,

Hi, do the photos your Mam mentiond of the Mangan family show them in Ireland or in England, do you/your Mam have much info on my Great Grandfather Christopher Mangan and Great Grandmother Mary Mangan?

Kind Regards

Kevin

Offline rachelx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 07 January 10 01:45 GMT (UK) »
For normanharvey...
Which curtis' do ya no from naas???

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat